The Official Trial Judge for Slaves and Servants. CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Tonight, we sit in the Queen's Foyer, awaiting a meeting with a man who works for the vampire kingdom's Courts of Law House. I'm told this is the place where courts of all different kinds are heald.

Next to the building is a Law Maker's House, where laws are created, added, or removed to the kingdom. This place also is where a person would go to apply or search for laws relating to their own court cases, similar to having a lawyer.

Behind the building is a jail, an easy place to store the convicted. According to Perry this is someplace you'd never want to step foot inside, because when you do you'll never come out.

I'm confused, "So you're going to court? But they're coming to you?"

He explains that non-royals will have a scheduled appointment and then be put on trial in front of the judge. In his case, the judge who covers slavery and servants, and organizes those simple trials does not allow royals in the building for their personal trials. Royal business like this should not be public and so to keep privacy, they will come to meet any royal in the front hall of the castle instead.

Perry explains how Dibbley's important public buildings like these ones are at the top of the main street, lined right outside the doors of the Donnan Castle. This makes it easy for us to congregate, and makes information travel to each public building as quickly as possible.

He adds that the town consists of a Royal Guard Department, the Meeting Court Building, Mail Offices, and much more.

Guards will meet and discuss duties and people can go to the Guard Department with any issues. This place keeps all vampires in check by providing as many services you can think of. It also is a space for people to apply to be part of the Protective Service Program and train to be a Guard.

Less royal meetings can be inside the Dibbley Meeting Court, where most higher ranking Guard and kingdom officials have meetings weekly. Other than that, the meetings that include the Royal Donnan Family, high ranked officers and some other officials would be held here at the Donnan Castle.

The Mail Offices sort, check, and send out mail for Royal Peoples, which can travel around the planet to other kingdoms. They also have a seperate branch for non-Royals and non-political vampires.

"So the man who's coming to meet us is a judge who can decide if I want to free you?"

Perry shrugs, "He's going to have to get your statement first before anything else can happen. These types of things can be extremely difficult."

Terrifyingly enough, this man can also control whether those people can be sentanced to death, so I'm not so sure he will be a nice man.

"Why did you suggest meeting in here? Why not the Grand Meeting Foyer across the hall?" Perry questions his aunt.

She smiles, "This is going to be a small meeting, so we don't have to house more than one or two others. A brunch and tea will do just fine, they won't be staying for a dinner."

A knock is at the door interrupts, "The Official Trial Judge for Slaves and Servants has arrived with his personal Royal Guard, may we enter?"

Angelina replies, "Come in!"

She stands, instructing for us to do as well. Once I'm standing, Romi has already opened the door and two men are filing into the room.

When Romi leaves and shuts the door behind her I watch a young-looking man stand against it, then crossing his arms. The older man, who has grey hairs on his head suprises me as he comes to greet us. I've never seen a vampire with grey hair, he's the only aged man I've seen these past few days.