Battle... Commence!

Story Created: 3/16/23

1:33 P.M. – The Spies' Beach House

It was another regular afternoon at the spies' beach house, and all seven spies had just finished some lunch.

"Hey, did anybody wash the car earlier?" Sam wondered.

"I thought Alex said she was going to do that yesterday," Clover replied.

Nick and Mat shrugged their shoulders.

"I thought I remembered Sam was going to do that," Blaine told the others.

Sam hummed.

"Alex, did you say you were going to wash the car?" Mat wondered.

"Oopsie... yeah, I said that," Alex admitted.

"Well, what happened, then?" Sam asked.

"I was really hungry, and I suppose I forgot," Alex answered.

"Well, no harm, no foul, since we didn't have anywhere to go until tonight," Mat stated.

All the spies had agreed to go to The Groove – mainly to the movies – later that evening.

"True that," Nick replied.

"Well, last time, we all took part after some road workers ruined it..." Mat stated. "Safe to say we're doing the same thing here?"

"Sure, why not," Alex giggled.

"No harm in doing that again," Sam replied, knowing she had fun with that herself.

With that said, the spies all headed outside.

"So... who's going to do it this time?" Alex wondered.

"I think I can answer that one for ya," Nick chuckled as he psychically brought the hose closer to him and sprayed a blast of water towards Alex.

This time, however, Alex was ready for it, dive-rolling to the right to avoid the water spray, though it managed to hit Britney, who had been standing right behind Alex at that moment.

"...um... oops?" Nick quipped.

Britney immediately snatched the hose from Nick and sprayed him point blank, enjoying his shouts of "ACK NOT UP THE NOSE".

"Why did I see that coming?" Mat chuckled.

In response, Britney chuckled before turning the hose on Mat and spraying him as well.

"Did you see that coming?" Britney taunted.

Clover answered that question by grabbing the still-spraying hose and tossing it into the air so that the water spray hit everyone.

"You did that on purpose, Clover," Alex stated.

"Maybe?" Clover teased.

"Well, then, take this!!" Alex exclaimed, reaching out to grab the hose from Clover and spraying in short bursts near Clover's feet, forcing her to dance around to avoid the sprays. "That's right, my little puppet, dance for me!!"

"She's really getting into it, isn't she?" Blaine chuckled.

"Tell me about it," Nick quipped.

Eventually, while Clover was still dancing around, Alex aimed a spray directly for her, though Clover managed to duck from it.

The spray did hit someone, however, as evidenced by the loud yelp of surprise from just ahead.

Nick was the first to look over to the other end of the driveway and see a thoroughly soaked Bridget, having been running by when she'd noticed the water battle.