Papa Ghoul :)

For the purposes of this the Girl's name is Motorbaby, because I think that headcanon is exquisite. I want to include her in more oneshots because I adore her with every ounce of my being

Genre: fluff

Summary: Fun loves Mo. He really does. He just doesn't know if he's doing it right, and he's little more than a kid himself.

"I suck at being a dad." Fun broke the silence out of nowhere, his face twisted into its signature angsty pout.

It wasn't out of character for him to just say things like that out of the blue; if something came to his mind, it'd usually come out of his mouth, too. Typically, a complaint.

Party glanced up from the pieces of Kobra's raygun, which he had repeatedly dropped in the sand and neglected to take care of, leaving Party to scrub the grime from inside the barrel. He was half-convinced at this point that his dear brother had been purposefully stuffing it full of dirt just to mess with him, given the sheer amount trapped in there. Or he was just that bad of a raygun owner. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know," He grumbled, exasperated already. "She barely talks to me. I mean, she's even warmed up to Kobra, and he's..."

"An obnoxious bag of dicks?"

"For.... lack of a better word." Fun agreed apprehensively. "I feel like I could be doing more, you know? But I don't know where to even start. It  comes so naturally for you..."

Party grinned. "Ah, I see. Someone's jealous of my impeccable parenting skills,"

"You're missing the point. As usual."

"Touché."

Fun sighed. "Whatever. Just forget it,"

Party set aside his work, turning his full attention to him. His signature 'forget it' was typically just an indication that he didn't know how to further articulate his feelings. "You're really upset?" He asked, shifting closer.

"Duh, clownbag," he snapped, arms crossed indignantly. "Astounding, I know,"

"I don't mean it like that." Party shook his head. "I guess I'm just surprised you feel that way. You're doing great,"

"That's nice of you and all, but I'm not." He muttered, the angry edge in his tone turning to one of defeat. "I find myself trying to avoid her, almost. Which is pathetic. But I look at her and... I see myself. When I was younger. I'm afraid I'll fail her the way my parents failed me. I know trying not to be in her life is just another way to hurt her."

He took Fun's hand with a reassuring squeeze, prompting him to look back up. "You're just trying to get used to it. Having a lil' tumbleweed to take care of is a big change for all of us. You aren't a bad father for trying to take your time."

"I'm not her father," He maintained. "I'm barely even her friend."

"That's not true," Party repeated, firmer this time. "She talks to me about you, you know. She loves you almost as much as I do. She thinks you're, like, the coolest person on the planet. She just doesn't know how to approach you. I don't know if you're aware, but you tend to come off a little... intense. I think it's super hot, for the record. But to a kid, it's probably a bit much. You have to reach out first, and it'll get easier from there,"

Fun considered that for a while, trying to let it sink in. Seeing the slight skepticism in his expression leaned closer, pecking him on the nose and running his fingers through the hair at the base of his neck. "Trust me, doll. You've got this," He reassured, smiling gently. "You're the best boyfriend or dad anyone could ask for."