Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The mystery room Gardemon showed them wouldn't accept the devil key, leaving George frustrated but determined. They tried the devil key in many more doors before Devinah made George head to bed in preparation for the unveiling day ahead. They had the dragon reveal tomorrow and that was important.

George tossed and turned all night. The devil key flashed in his dreams a lot. Often, he heard the voice yelling at him to search for the secret room.

He awoke in the morning tired and disconcerted. As soon as the dragon reveal happened, George had to return to the search, with or without Devinah.

The crowd around the dragon had less anticipation and more worry than the previous haunted house reveal had. Every being here had assisted in the construction of the dragon. Everyone here wanted to see its scary success.

Sander and Cupid appeared, which only made the crowd edgier. It was time to see if anything or anybody else, beside those present, had taken a hand in the dragon construction.

"Hello, Sander, hello Cupid," George welcomed the other Holidaze members who each greeted him in return.

"Has there been any suspicious activity?" Sander asked.

George went to mention the key, but Devinah gave him a quick shove in the shoulder. Before he could mention the devil key, Devinah started talking.

"Every person in Spookville helped us to construct the dragon, so there should only be all of our senses on there," she said quickly.

"Onto the reveal," Cupid said as he rubbed his hands and his eyes gleamed at the veiled dragon.

The crowd tensed further, not wanting these outsiders to judge their spooky home. At the same time, none of them wanted a petting zoo incident to occur and spoil all they had worked for.

"Spookies, today, with the assistance of all who stand before us, we present the fiercest, the scariest and the most frightening Dragon!" George declared as his voice rose higher and echoed eerily out to all who listened.

As he tore the covering away, George prayed that the dragon still stayed exactly under the covers where he had left it yesterday. A giant sigh escaped him when he saw it still intact and nothing askew.

The crowd cheered in their own gruesome manner and weird green candles appeared to float on the air around the gigantic, beastly dragon. With a snap of its head forward, it roared in the most terrifying way and its eyes glowed bright red.

Screams of sheer adulation and enjoyment scattered through the Spookville residents. Nobody had expected it to be as life like as what they now experienced. Even the headless horseman looked impressed.

The dragon roared again, and a sheet of impressive flame flew from its mouth to blaze across the crowd. George gasped in horror as he tried to get the people away from the harshest heat of the fire. It took him a moment to realise that even the youngsters jumped delightedly into the flames.

"Won't they get burnt?" George asked as he turned to Devinah.

"You really have a lot to learn about this Holidaze, or any Holidaze, for that matter," she shook her head at him.

"What does that mean?"

"If Sander or Cupid or anyone not from this Holidaze jumped in there then, yes, the flames would burn them. These are individuals who belong here, so nothing can hurt them. All of the tricks that the tricksters do, even the guillotine, may chop of a limb, but the limb simply reappears. Why do you think they delight in gory things? Within one's own Holidaze anything can and often does happen," Devinah informed him.