Shadow of Election - Seventh Year

Sebastian POV

Months had passed, and Sebastian was finding his feet again. It had been difficult, coming to terms with everything that had happened and trying to get back into his studies - he still wasn't one hundred percent back into it, but he thought it was the best it was ever going to be.

Ominis and Imelda had spent the summer at Imelda's house. Her mother was a muggle, and they had to lie about where Ominis was, as though not to bring his parents wrath upon them. As far as they knew, Ominis was on some sort of summer study camp, because he'd failed his divination and his transfiguration class. He did, but mostly because they were such visual subjects, and the Professor's of each gave him the credits anyway. How was he going to transfigure a feather into a vase if he didn't know what either object looked like?

Sebastian had stayed with Y/N at Hogwarts. She didn't usually stay with family, preferring for whatever reason to fend for herself. In addition to that, Sebastian had the option of staying with Sirona, but after everything that had happened the previous summer with Anne, for some reason he couldn't bring himself to go.

He had spent the first half of the summer in the dormitories, as he was the only one there, and that's where he stayed. He refused really, to go anywhere else.

Y/N eventually coaxed him out and he started to explore the castle again. The endless hallways, corridors, stairwells, courtyards.. he'd missed it.

Their seventh year had approached, their final year. Sebastian had mixed feelings about that, he didn't know what he was going to do with his life after school, and so when they got asked to pick their elective classes for the year - he was a bit stressed.

"I don't know what I had for breakfast this morning, let alone what I want to do with the rest of my life," Sebastian whined to Ominis on their walk to see Professor Rowley on the first day back.

"Ask Rowley when we get there," Ominis advised. "He might be able to give you some godfather-ly advice."

"He's going to tell me to study law at the Ministry," Sebastian rolled his eyes. "And you know that."

He eyed off Ominis' wand, which was tugging him all over the place.

"What's up with that?" Sebastian asked, and Ominis immediately knew what he was referring to.

"Look," he said. "I may not be lying when I say I'm nervous about it too. I'm also hoping for some godfather-ly advice."

"What, and your wand is stressed for you?" Sebastian chuckled. "It's a bit jumpy is it?"

"It might be."

"It is sentient," Sebastian confirmed. "I have been telling you that all these years."

"Yeah yeah," Ominis replied, shaking his head as his wand jerked him suddenly to the left, and he flicked it irritably in the air. "Stupid thing."

"Boys!" Rowley said when they saw the pair walking towards his office. "How lovely to see you! I expect your summer was good?"

"It was, sir," Ominis replied, thanking Sebastian when he held the door open for him. They sat on that ugly mustard couch in the corner as they always did.

"And yours, Sebastian?"

"It was okay."

"Very good," Rowley replied, not looking him in the eye. Sebastian was lying, and everyone knew it. But he convinced himself that his progress was good and that he was getting through it. "You've grown much taller," he told them. "Both of you. And Sebastian, my boy, you need to shave. Ominis looks like he's the only one that knows how to keep himself decent."