Chapter 2

Once upon a time, I ask has the moon ever missed the stars that always accompany the sky at night? Or are only stars always there because they were created to be together?

When the whatsapp message was sent a few minutes ago, and the two ticks had turned blue, I realized that the moon really doesn't miss the stars. Even if the stars openly express their longing, or are lost in the black clouds, the moon remains silent.

It's already entered its fourth full moon, since my sudden intentional move without saying goodbye. Rajendra--my best friend--did not contact or send messages at all. I admit he is a cool guy and doesn't talk much. He is not good at talking and expressing himself, especially expressing his feelings.

Rajendra ... just an ordinary teenage boy who likes to play online games, stay at home, get fluctuating test scores, and hang out in normal social situations. But you can't even reply to WhatsApp messages, isn't that pretty outrageous?

"You jerk boy. Just replying to WA messages, what's the trouble! I already apologized." I mourned the photo of myself and Rajendra during last year's study tour that was posted on his WhatsApp profile picture. Watching Askara's face, which had no smile, only a calm gaze from her almond eyes. His eyes are one of the parts of Rajendra that I like the most, besides his proportional body shape, and his tall and straight stature.

 His eyes are one of the parts of Rajendra that I like the most, besides his proportional body shape, and his tall and straight stature

image credit by pinterest

After lingering on the terrace chair, I decided to stand up and enter the house. However, after I turned around, Rajendra was standing not far from where I was. Rubbing his neck nervously, with a stiff face and body. He stands like a statue, even though he looks cool in his denim jacket.

Unknowingly, I smiled faintly. Almost laughed, if only Askara didn't hurry up to me.

"What are you doing? How nervous are you?" I asked.

Rajendra just shook his head. His eyes looked at me hesitantly. Then not long after, he immediately pulled and hugged me. So tight. Then I realized that the moon would miss the stars if the stars were not present in the night sky. The stars just misunderstood the silence of the moon.

The moon did withdraw, but did not really go. The moon knows very well how to love.

"I miss you, Kyra."

Like Rajendra, who longs in silence, who looks far away but is approaching. He will just stay silent, and do everything in his own way.

That's how the moon loves the stars.