two.

MAREN WAS WALKING to the hospital when her phone rang. she looked the caller to see the name rk on her screen. which meant that richie kirsch was calling. she declined and kept walking.

maren didn't like richie. she thought he was a pretentious film geek who was using murder as an excuse for good "source material" for a new stab movie. frankly, maren didn't give a single fuck about making a movie. she had her own agenda, which richie and amber weren't aware of. why would she care about the stab movies when her mothers life was one. it made maren's blood boil when they mention how they "ruined" leighton's character in the stab movies. well, to be fair, her mom was played by jennifer aniston, which was actually kinda cool. still, could've asked first.

her phone rang again. still richie. she rolled her eyes and put her phone to her ear. "hey." was all she said, not wanting to seem suspicious.

"wes called sam and told her what happened. we're about to head that way now." richie whispered into the phone.

maren was annoyed. she didn't need to know this. "okay? see you soon?" she hung up the phone and kept walking. she didn't care about her own psychopathic tendencies or her murder plan right now. all she cared about was tara's well being.

she got to the hospital and went up to tara's room. she was resting from surgery and was sleeping when maren came in. tara must've felt her presence as her eyes fluttered open when she entered.

"maren." tara said quietly, a smile slowly spreading across her face. maren immediately wrapped her arms around tara in a warm embrace. "ow" tara yelped. maren pulled away. "sorry, i'm just happy my girlfriend didn't get brutally murdered." maren said smiling. she meant it. tara returned her smile. "thanks, that really means a lot to me." tara said sarcastically, getting a laugh out of maren.

     "i think wes and the others are on their way." maren informed her girlfriend. tara nodded. tara nodded. "better take in your alone time with me while you can." tara joked.

     "oh i will." maren said with confidence as she leaned in to kiss her. the kiss immediately got passionate as tara wrapped her arms around maren's neck. maren enjoyed these intimate moments with tara. she loved feeling like a normal teenager when that was truly the opposite of what she was. the kiss reminded her of the first time they ever kissed.

as soon as maren walked into the freeman household. she felt uneasy. this immense wave of nervousness washed over her as soon as the door closed behind her. loud music blared through the house. some song maren had never heard before. maren whispered to herself, "okay, this is definitely worse than i expected." wrapped up in her own wary, she didn't notice she was being approached by none other than chad meeks-martin. she wrapped his arms around her in a hug that she awkwardly pulled away from.

affection was never really maren's thing and she definitely didn't know why chad of all people was hugging her.

"maren! i'm so glad you showed. this party would've been hella lame without you." he said, slurring his words.

"did you just say hella?" maren asked. chad stopped and looked up at the ceiling, contemplating what just came out of his mouth.

"yeah, i guess i did. do you want me to go get you a drink?" he laughed, clearing wasted. she smiled at maren goofily, waiting for her to respond.

she thought about it. maren had never drank before and she didn't really feel like started now, but for some reason, she felt like she couldn't be mean to chad. he wasn't really her kind of person, at least that's what she thought. so she chose to be kind.