Philophobia

Shan was pushed into a classroom by Raven and forced to sit down beside her. It was a table at four so their two friends were sat in front of them. They had basically gotten a free period as the teacher was on a seemingly important phone call, probably about some fights that had been happening. Shan leaned back her chair and closed her eyes for a moment as she thought about how embarrassingly awkward the last hour had been for her. Raven stared at Shan and got as close to her face has possible, her eye twitching as she did so.
"..SHAN!!"
Shan jumped back and covered her mouth as to not scream, but it's not like anyone would hear her since the whole class was up and yelling, shouting, running around; basically doing anything but work since they hadn't got any.
"What?! What the fuck was that?!" Shan yelled, fixing her position in her chair and blowing a few strands of hair out of her face.
"Don't change the subject, Shan."
"WHAT SUBJECT?!—"
Raven shook her head "Who was that? And why were you all..up close and personal with him? Don't think I didn't see how close you were BECAUSE I DID."
Shan winced at the subject with a shrug "He like..bumped into me and I turned around. That's all that happened."
Raven folded her arms and nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure. If something happened you can tell meee."
Shan grabbed a book out of her opened bag and held it above Ravens head as a way to tell her to 'shut up'. Raven rolled her eyes and nodded.
"Alright alright, I'm just..looking out for you? And also I wanna hear some drama like a forbidden love story or something like that."
"Are you forgetting who I am?" Shan chuckled "I'm Shan Santos, I don't get super cool forbidden love stories. Unlike you and your geeky boyfriend" She teased.
"Shut uppp, there's nothing wrong with my boyfriend. He's cute! Look at him!" Raven said while pointing to the back of the classroom at her boyfriend who was using his brown tie to wipe his fogged up glasses before dropping the pencil that was behind his ear.
Shan laughed "I don't think that helped your case at all."
"You're just jealous because the only guys that talk to you are ones looking for their first kiss in the back of a—"
Shan covered Ravens mouth while staring daggers at her "SHUT UP. We don't talk about him. That absolute cretin."
Raven pushed Shans hand away and cleared her throat "Anyway, all I'm saying is that you're jealous because you have no romance in your life. Unlike me who has one of the most romantic boyfriends in the world!"
"What? Did he write you a poem out of the elements of the periodic table?...that would be cool but it's not my point."
"Well, even if he did I'd still be getting more action in that field than you do in a year."
"Well," Shan stretched her arms out and put them behind her head "I've got something in the works..so be prepared."
Raven blinked before slamming her fist on the table and covering her mouth with her spare hand, attempting to hold back a laugh.
Shan sat up and put her arms back on the table. "Now, that's just an overreaction. It's not that hard to believe that I could date someone." Raven continued laughing until Shan lightly hit her on the head "ITS NOT THAT FUNNY?"
Raven moved her hand away from her mouth, leaning into Shan "So then..is it that tall guy? Not being rude but he seems too pretty for you to be making moves on him out of all people"
Shan held her hand up to Ravens head and she pushed it away.
Shan groaned "It was a lie but it would NOT be him. Trust me. I don't think I can speak to him ever again after today."
Ravens eyes lit up as she poked Shans sides "Ooooh, what happened?! Tell me tell me tellll meeeee!!!"
Shan rolled her eyes "I don't wanna tell you because you'll scream everywhere and if you spoke to him I'd die. And I know you would."
"Fine fine, if  I promise to not scream and half promise to not talk to him..like without your permission, will you tell me?"
Shan shrugged and thought for a moment, she knew Raven definitely wouldn't leave her alone about it and what was the worst that could happen? Shan signalled for Raven to lean over and whispered the very embarrassing events that had occurred that day and just how awkward they were.
In response, Raven placed her hands on Shans shoulders and shook her like crazy "WHAT DID HE SAY?! What did he do? Did he kiss you back..? Tell me EVERYTHING."
"Well, I can't because as soon as I did it you nearly the door down trying to get into the classroom."
Raven nodded, taking her hands away from Shan to rub her chin. "Well, there's only one thing you can do now."
"Which is...?"
"To either explain why you did what you did orrr, my personal favourite, make a romantic gesture to show your love for him!"
"But what if I don't love him? I haven't even know him that long, plus, if I did that he would turn me down almost immediately."
"Then, go up to him once school ends and ask to talk to him or something. I think that's good enough. Especially since you're kind of... not very  good with these kinds of things."
Shan rolled her eyes again "Ok. Maybe. I'll think about it."