Chapter 5: "Headaches are like resolutions"

You decided it would be best to stop back at your dorm room, returning your heavy textbook and laptop before venturing out again.

The sun danced in his hair as you walked together, something that was becoming commonplace; to expect him by your side. It made you feel safe and comfortable. You shared the ear buds, taking turns playing music you thought the other would like. Overall it was a feeling you would love to get used to.

Your kiss from the diner still lingered on your lips from earlier, almost a sparkling sensation as you brushed your fingertips over your mouth. Butterfly wings flutter against your rib cage as you walk along with a growing flame licking at your throat.

It seemed to take forever to get to your dorm building, and the walk from there to unlocking your room was even worse now that his mouth was on your mind. You wanted to know more about how he tasted, how his tongue would feel wrapped up in yours. Unbeknownst to Ethan besides you, you decided you needed to find out. He walked alongside you, listening to music completely unaware of your thoughts and hatching plan.

When the door to your room finally closed behind you both, you turned to look at him. He stood there nonchalantly, looking into your eyes he realised you had something planned but not sure, given away by your smile. You adored every detail of his face, every mole and the plumpness of his lower lip as he looked down at you in a sweet confusion.

"What are you-" he stopped his sentence midway, tilting his head.

"I want to kiss you, Ethan Landry," you bite your lower lip staring into his eyes as your heart pounded in anticipation.

"Me too, I-I mean I want to kiss you-" you broke off his shaken sentence by pulling him in for a deep, loving kiss.

His body tensed as you embraced him, caught off guard. Quickly he fell for your touch, eyes closing as your tongue brushed over his lips, asking him for permission. His tongue met yours, first almost timidly before becoming more confident. His mouth was a warm oasis that still tasted sweet like milkshakes and inherently him.

You pushed him against the door with your body, feeling the heat of his body against yours through the fabric of his hoodie. Your hand moved behind his head, getting lost in his lovely soft curls, the other guided his hand to your waist. You felt him gasp between kisses as he nervously moved his hand along the fabric of your shirt.

You gently bite at his delicious bottom lip, electricity in your body making you shiver. Moving your hand over the top of his, you brought him slowly under the hem of your shirt-

"Woah!" Anika gasped, the bathroom door closing behind her.

You both blush bright red, bodies practically whimpering as you pull away from one another. Ethan wiped his lips with the back of his hand, eyes avoiding Anikas gaze as she darted between you both.

"Way to go Ethan," Anika sat on her bed, "no no, continue," she smiled.

"Anika," you scold. Saying her name with an attitude has become commonplace as of late. You'd hate for her to embarrass Ethan, not caring as much about her implications on you.

"Hey, maybe he won't die a virgin after all," you glare sharply after she speaks but she just laughs.

"Sorry," Ethan murmured but you could tell he was holding back a smirk trying to regain his composure.

You move to your desk, taking your textbook out and placing your laptop on top of it. Out of the corner of your vision you notice Anika giving the thumbs up to Ethan. You sigh.

"Hey," Anika says, standing up to get your attention "I'm staying with Mindy at Tara and Sam's place tonight."

"Okay, be safe alright?" you looked at her concerned, hoping she'll follow your advice "something just tells me that apartment isn't safe."