Reacquaintance

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or The Heroes of Olympus. Uncle Rick does.

Uploaded: July 10, 2015

The stars. Such a beautiful sight. Yet, more beautiful is their manifestation, Asteria. Such truth I was blessed with witnessing. Looking down to find her head resting in the same spot it had the new for before, I knew then without a doubt I was in love. Not the sort of love to the point you would die for. No, it was far greater. For her, I would wage war against Chaos himself. For her I would travel to the very core of Tartarus and slay any and all who stand in my way. I knew from then on that she would be the most graceful of my brides.

I do, and will love all my mates the same. However, just as I know Asteria will be the most graceful, but Rhea will be the most level-headed. Such is the reason why she will remain the queen of Othrys.

"Is there something on my face, or am I just that attractive?" Whilst deep in thought I had stared intently at Asteria's face, something she seemed to notice me doing after she had awakened.

"I would go for the latter. I'm sorry, I did not mean to be rude and stare." Smiling, she have me a quick kiss.

"I don't mind, as long as it is you. Now, I believe that there is an outside world, one such we need to make our presence known, else have all worried." I checked the time to be around a quarter after six. Gee, I really stared at her for a while.

"Do not worry, I guarantee we will make it in time. I always do." With that I got out of bed, carrying Asteria with me bridal style. The unexpected movement caused a most adorable squeal to escape her lips. I said nothing, instead simply raised one eyebrow.

"What? I was not expecting this. Now stop giving me that look and get us some breakfast." I smiled at her remarks and sat her down on a seat at the kitchen counter. I knew Asteria wasn't a vegetarian, so I didn't have to worry about meat in her breakfast. So today I prepared some pancakes and bacon with sausage. I placed both plates on the table, squeezed some orange juice into two glasses, and brought out condiments.

We sat at the kitchen counter, enjoying our breakfast as we talk. I told her of my time as a demigod and she of her time in the Golden Age. Soon we, or rather I, noticed the time. Our secluded time had been fun and great, but there is still an outside world, and in that world we hold a daily council meeting. To which I must attend. We ate as quickly as possible and were on our way.

We arrived at the throne room before everyone else, except Rhea. She sat on her throne, quickly glanced at us and continued to look into nothingness. We both awkwardly went to our respective thrones. Sitting next to her made me feel so uncomfortable now, and the throne seemed to have shrunk in size because I felt so uncomfortable and the armrests were tight against my body. Though I think it was all thanks to the tension in the air.

"Will you two quit acting like you broke our sacred laws." I don't think my eyes have ever been wider. The voice which spoke such words was non other than Rhea herself. "Okay, so Asteria is the second mate for Percy. Do you guys really think I minded at all. I have come to terms from the start that Percy wouldn't only be mine. Granted, he will love me and I him as if I was his only spouse. Though I'm not and that's okay. You, Asteria, went through with being his mate despite knowing I was already with him and so will other women. I'm sure you didn't have a problem with that either. It's as Percy explained from the beginning. There would be no envy among his mates, nor any competition."

Her words were very true and I was stupid to have forgotten about something I had said. Rhea gave a good laugh as both Asteria and I let out a sigh. "Well, I for one am very glad to not have to worry about that, specially sense everyone will be coming in shortly." As I said this Prometheus was the first to walk in and then more and more until everyone was accounted for.