𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 | 𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐚

A/N's: My neighbors are assholes and noisy, so I decided to do comfort writing and listening to music to calm my anxiety down.
This takes place XX days shortly after the two confess, whenever those chapters will be released- But this is a little sneak peek as to how the Reader and Pico will be when dating. I'm probably going to work on Chapter 27 after this and then more Requests from my Oneshot book soo yeah.

———————————————————————

I sighed heavily, leaning back against the mattress. Staring up to blank ceiling, I heard nearby footsteps making their way towards me. Followed by the smell of chocolate. "Still stuck on that article?" I looked down, noticing Pico placing down two mugs on the coffee table. "Ugh, yeah." I responded, sitting up. "Wording is so difficult sometimes, I swear."

"Want me to help?" Pico offered, taking a seat beside me on the mattress. I looked to him with a soft, shocked expression, taken aback from his comment. "I... I mean, are you sure?" "Yeah, why not?" He held his arms out with a soft smile. "Come here."

I smiled back, crawling into Pico's lap and getting into a comfortable position before grabbing my laptop from the coffee table. "Now then, let's see..." The ginger began reading through what I had, humming here and there in response. "Alright, I see your problem." "You do?" I tilted my head back, noticing his concentration on the computer screen.

"Yup." Without hesitation, Pico closed the laptop. Placing it beside him on the bed. I watched in confusion, about to say something when I felt a finger press itself gently against my lips. "I know what you're going to say and it's not going to work." He stated with a firm expression, wrapping his arms below my chest. "You're thinking about this too much, you need a break."

"But I-" Pico leaned down, connecting our lips for a moment. A light blush covered my cheeks as I gazed into his pearly eyes. "B-But I gotta-" Again. "I-" And again. "Oh come on, now you're doing this on purpose." I said through giggles.

"Exactly, because I like seeing you smile." He stated with a toothy grin. I smiled up to Pico, moving myself off his lap. His arms fell off to his sides as I turned myself around, climbing onto his lap again and bringing the ginger into a gentle embrace. "I know, I appreciate it." I said, resting my head against his shoulder. "Thank you."

"Of course, babe." Pico planted a kiss on the top of my head, running his fingers through my hair. I smiled more from the soft touch, nuzzling myself into the crook of his neck with closed eyes. We stayed like this for a while, just enjoying each other's warmth and company. It was nice to sit here in silence without worrying about anything else. The only sounds were the beating of our hearts and the outside traffic this evening as people were making their ways home from a day's work.

"Say, what was it you brought over again?" I asked, sitting upright and stretching in place. A tint of blush covered Pico's freckled face. "Oh uh, I brought us hot cocoa. I-If you want any." He stammered softly, keeping a forced gaze at my face. "Ooo, hot chocolate." I giggled, turning to face the coffee table and grabbing a blush pink Narwhal mug we made recently at a ceramics class.

I hummed happily as I took a good size sip of the contents, savoring the warm creaminess of the chocolate and fluffy marshmallows brushing against my lips. "This is great, thank you!" I said cheerfully. "Of course." Pico shifted in place slightly, pushing back towards the wall. "Oh yeah, about your article."

"Yeah?" I peeked behind my shoulder, taking another sip of my drink. "Your last sentence, the fact you used seemed irrelevant to what you were talking about. I'd remove it and replace it with another." I stared at him for a few seconds before letting out a gasp. "Oh yeahh!" I placed my cup down, giving Pico a big hug. "Thank you so much! You're a life saver!"