26: fast food gospel

"I've read Jane Austen."

--☆--☆--☆--

Sometimes Cassie wonders what she did to deserve this kind of Friday night. All she wanted to do was watch tv before Sophie arrived and then they could go to the party and get totally shit faced. She didn't expect her tv watching to get interrupted by Paris Geller, who insisted that the twins help her study.

Even Rory was annoyed by Paris' arrival. She had already set her laundry up in the living room, busy folding while Cassie flipped through the channels. She even put her Mr. Peanut pajamas on, ready for her version of an exciting Friday night.

But now here the three of them were, sitting in the living room, studying. Cassie continued to look at the clock every five seconds, waiting for the moment Sophie arrived so the two of them could get ready together. She was leaning against a pile of Rory's laundry, too bored to move.

She didn't even have her sweats on anymore. She was completely ready to go out and have fun, but instead was stuck on her living room floor with a textbook in her lap.

"So given that those are the reactions occurring in the two half-cells, what do you do next?" Rory asked, reading from her own textbook.

"Well if we add them together doubling the coefficients of the silver half equation but not the voltage, we get the equation for the complete reaction," Paris answered as she paced around their living room.

"Well you're in much better shape than you think you are," Rory told her as the doorbell rang.

"Impossible."

Cassie looked up excitedly, glad that something was here to stop the studying. She expected it to be Sophie, but upon looking at the clock she knew there's no way it was her.

"Where are you going?" Paris asked when Rory stood up from the couch.

"That's my food," Rory told her.

"Another half hour."

"No!" Cassie's eyes widened when she realized she spoke out loud instead of in her head. "Sorry."

"You got your hour," Rory reminded Paris of their deal. "Now, you need to go."

"Fine," Paris stood up in a huff as she began packing up her stuff. She looked over at Cassie, "Where's my flashcards?"

"I don't know," Cassie answered, she watched as Paris scanned the living room looking at her flashcards. Cassie was just about to fall asleep but then she noticed a certain boy walk into her kitchen. "Huh."