sixteen. listening party pt2

:Craig:

I'm so fucking mad right now. Man—no words can describe how the fuck I feel right now! None!

"Craig!" Ruby yelled. "Craig! Oh my God! I am so sorry for him,"

Ruby, Dee, Ray, and Aliyah came running after me.

"Man, you ain't gotta apologize for that bitch actions!"

"Craig, please calm down," Dee pleaded.

"MAN FUCK THAT! I'VE BEEN NICE FOR TOO LONG! I'M SICK OF GETTING TAKE ADVANTAGE OF! I'M SICK OF BEING RAN OVER! ALL I EVER DO IS FORGIVE AND FORGET! I'M NOT DOING THAT SHIT NO MORE MAN! MY OWN BROTHER STOLE FROM ME! EVER SINCE YOU CAME BACK HE'S BEEN DIFFERENT AND IT WASN'T FOR THE GOOD! I'VE WORKED SO HARD ON MY CRAFT AND ONLY FOR HIM TO TAKE IT? THEN HE EMBARRASSED ME! HE MADE FUN OF MY VOICE AND MADE ME FEEL MORE ASHAMED OF MYSELF! I'M TIRED OF BEING THE NICE GUY! FUCK ALL OF THIS SHIT!"

I kicked a dent in my car and and sat on the ground. I leaned up against the car and closed my eyes and frowned my face. I needed to let all of that emotion out of me. I've been nice for way too long and it's time for people to stop taking advantage of me. I don't deserve to get treated like shit! I'm a human too. I'm sick of being a puppet for everyone. I don't deserve it. I didn't realize it but I found my self crying a little bit. A couple of tears ran down my face. Dee sat next to me and grabbed my hair and intertwined our fingers. Ruby sat my glasses down on my lap.

"Bryson was always funny acting. I peeped that shit too bruh. From the moment he made fun of you for the zoo date idea. I knew something was off. You don't deserve this shit, man," Ray said.

"No one does. You've been nothing but nice to everybody. I know how it feels. I understand your pain," Aaliyah added.

"Me too,"

We all looked up to see Chris.

"Chris?" I said.

"Yeah. Craig, right?"

"Yeah it's me. Sorry you had to see me like this," I said, wiping my tears.

"Nah, you ain't gotta apologize for yo feelings. Let it out! It's okay,"

"What you doing out here?"

"Well, I came for the listening party. I came just before the fight happened. I was getting ready to perform but that's out the question now. I heard you yelling so I came out here to check on you,"

"I appreciate it," I said, getting off the ground.

"I know it's bad timing, but that shit was tight I'm not even gone lie,"

"Thanks," I said chuckling.

"I know we haven't really had the time to get in the studio together, but I'm available next week. Imma be out in Cali. You should fly out and we gone make some shit happen," he said.

"Most definitely!"

"Aye ya wanna come?" He asked the rest of them.

"Hell yeah!" Ruby said.

"Alright cool! Here's my personal number,"

"Awe man, thank you so much!"

"No problem. I'm sorry you had to go through this, man. I really am. I know how it is to have the world against you. But you up next. Believe that!"

"This means a lot!"

"No, you mean a lot! Keep doing what you doing! No pun intended!" He laughed. "I saw you on Instagram too! Someone recorded you dancing and you have some moves! I saw you too!" He said, pointing to Ray.

"Oh for real? I've been dancing for a minute. Ion do it all the time but I still got it," Said Ray.

"Same for me. That was just a lil something. I wanted to dance for you for the longest but I got into music," I said.

"Aye, maybe after we work on this song I got in mind, you can come and dance for me on tour. I'm going across the country next year and I'd love for ya to come and dance with me,"

"Yes we will!" Ray shouted.

"I'd love too!"

"Then it's settled! You can give him my number and then we can start from there. But I gotta go ya. I hope to hear from you soon,"

"Oh you will!"

"And remember, keep doing what you doing,"

We laughed as he left. This night turned into something positive.

"Bro! The one and only Chris Brown loves your work and he gave you his personal number and ya are gonna dance with him!" Aliyah said.

"That's fucking awesome!" Dee said.

"I'm starstruck," Ray said.

"Me too,"

"And he invited us to Cali next week! This night can't get any better!" Dee said.

Ruby was pacing back and forth looking down at the ground. She then looked up and placed her hand on her forehead like she was frustrated.

"Ruby, you alright?"

"No. I can't be with Bryson after all of this has happened! I feel so stupid! Why would he do that? I did t make him do any of that! He did that on his own out of jealousy!"

"I know. It ain't your fault. Don't blame yourself,"

"I don't ever wanna see his ass again! I don't!"

"I don't either. Family or not!"

"Let's just all go home and cool off," Dee suggested.

"Yeah...imma head out,"

"Ray you mind taking me home? I'd take the Uber home but traffic is high right now,"

"Sure,"

"Ray can you take me home too? Please? I rode with Bryson,"

"Yeah come on. I'll check on you later Craig!"

"Ight man."