I'll Be Good

CW: Violence, Strong Language,
Angst with very little comfort, maybe?

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

Slam!

A bold fist kissed Eren's peachy cheeks just between the crevice of his nose, the cold causing the skin-against-skin friction to leave more of a blistering mark than usual. He groaned, stumbling back and holding his nose with a crack to adjust. He could feel the staggering pain in his nerves, a sharp sting where Reiner's prized football championship ring adorned his fist, knowing the blemish would not go away overnight.

He already dreaded the future conversation he'd have to share with his father about the revealing scars on his torso and the markings on his face. Or even the next throw of Reiner's fist that would cause more attention of on goers that he didn't need. While his father's words would come off as stern and concerned, he really knew that deep down it was rooted in the same animosity others felt towards him.

Coming back to Earth, Eren roughly wiped his nose to see smeared blood across his forearm and gritted his teeth. The winter air seemed to gust past them with the lack of time to pass, to Eren's disadvantage as he waited for his moment to either make a break for it or finish his battle. But one thing you should know about Eren Jaeger is that he never backs down from a fight. Ever.

"Hey, Eren," Reiner shoved Eren hard against the brink wall of the school courtyard, his puncturing hand remaining on his shoulder, "Fight back, will you? It's no fun if I don't have a little competition."

Snickers were heard from behind by a few other schoolkids, a few who stood with Reiner and his attacks or were too scared to stand against him. Eren dipped his chin in shame but glared up at Reiner with a glint of fury.

"I'm sure," Reiner smirked with a lifted looked to his peers, "You get it pretty rough already, am I right?"

Eren's lip quivered, but he couldn't find himself to tell why was he letting this slide, especially if it was this. He wasn't even ready to reply how he usually would; a cocky remark and maybe a fist in return. He only sat and stared helplessly at the others. Then, something struck inside him, and Eren reached his hand up and grasped onto the larger male's forearm pining him hard wall.

Using his nails, he curled his fingers as he tried to push against him. Reiner was so close to him, so close he could smell his warm breath. He wanted to escape, he wanted to run home. But he would be considered a coward, he didn't want to be a coward. If there's anything he could be, is he wanted to be brave. For someone other than himself.

"I-I'm not going to swoop down to your level—" He knitted his eyebrows together, earning the other's attention, "—you use violence as a substitute since you can't find the words to prove your statement, 'cause we both know you're nothing but a God damn coward."

He gathered some of the leftover saliva in his mouth, albeit it was as dry and dehydrated as a desert; and spat it through chapped lips, aiming for the larger male's smug face that he hated so dearly. Eren now wore a broad smirk as he watched Reiner wipe the spit off his face in disgust. He finally felt braver than before, a little sliver of victory. But before he could celebrate, the pressure against his already bruise shoulder blade increased. He was in for it now.

"I don't need any fucking evidence to prove what a faggot you are, Jaeger." He growled and before Eren could comprehend what was to come next, his knee rammed into his smaller figure, causing the boy to wheeze. "You—" Straight to his gut again, "fucking—" And again, "—disgust me."

A snivel of pain faltered voicelessly from his blood-coated lips with the clench of his sea-green eyes. Limply, Eren plunged into the rain-sprinkled grass and hardened, slippery mud, coughing up whatever air he had left in his lungs. He could audibly hear the laughter of the elder boys who had won the victory alas. He could taste the blood from his nose as it trickled down his lips and down the side of his cheek.