Chapter 06: Old Friends Reuniting

Thanks to the escaped pigs incident, Li Wei Yang became the focus of the village. Zhou Qing and Mrs. Liu no longer dared to slave her around but allowing her to stay home all day was also irritating. They agreed to let her work at the teahouse not far from from the village.

The teahouse was managed by Zhou Jiang and Mrs. Ma, selling simple teas and tortilla bread for travelers passing by the village. It was a convenient way to make money. Mrs. Ma felt sorry for Li Wei Yang who was just a young girl and yet had to endure so much suffering. So she assigned Wei Yang the easy task of boiling the water for the teas and didn’t force her to do anything else exhausting.

Wei Yang was adding wood to the fire when Mrs. Ma hurriedly rushed in. She saw Wei Yang busy but urged nonetheless, “Wei Yang, hurry up a bit! We need a little bit more hot water. Also bring out 10 tortilla bread. We have a special guest at the teahouse.”

Li Wei Yang did as she was told. She walked towards the door but felt confused. There were plenty of travelers and guests from the South and North, but there had never been anyone who was considered a ‘special guest’. The special guest Mrs. Ma mentioned, what kind of person was it? She slowly walked up to the door and quietly observed the front of the house.

Standing under the cover was a bunch of bodyguards dressed in blue. It was hard to see the person sitting in the middle of the crowd. In the middle of twenty normal horses was a rare white horse with a silver and red-striped saddle, creating an overwhelming atmosphere.

Mrs. Ma repeated her urgings. “Wei Yang! Hurry! Don’t let the guests wait too long.”

For some reason, there was an ominous feeling inside of Li Wei Yang, as if the moment she stepped outside something bad was going to happen. Her feet couldn’t move, staying motionlessly in one spot.

“Wei Yang? Why aren’t you coming out?” Zhou Jiang was impatient then quickly laughed as he apologized to the guest. “That girl’s a little dense and slow. I will carefully discipline her later.”

Then there was a voice that sounded like one of the bodyguards. “No problem, just hurry and bring over the tea. My master is in a hurry.”

Looking at the situation, there was no way to retreat. Li Wei Yang contemplated and decided she should still go out. She took half a step but abruptly froze after glancing over the person sitting in the middle. In a flash, everyone’s eyes were on Li Wei Yang. Even that young man lifted his head and briefly looked at her.

He sat in the middle of everyone. He had a pair of eyes that shone brightly like the moon but there was also an aloofness in it. Those eyes were bright enough to the point it made others find it difficult to open their own eyes. From afar, one could see a coldness that separated him from the rest of the world. His white attire was embroidered with a downwards pattern that was carefully and expertly quilted. His gaze was steadfast like the stream but also frosty like the ice. Those pair of eyes flickered over Li Wei Yang.

Li Wei Yang shuddered. She quickly lowered her head after the brief glance. She held the tray up to her eyebrows and lowered her head as much as possible, covering up her face so that person wouldn’t be able to see her. She took a few more steps and handed the food over to Mrs. Ma. Then she covered her face, pretending to be afraid of strangers. She hurriedly returned to the small storage space in the back of the house. It was only then did she breathe a sigh of relief.

The middle-aged man sitting beside Tuo Ba Yu said to him, “Your Highness, it’s about to get dark. Should we go look for somewhere to stay for the night?”

Tuo Ba Yu didn’t look at him. His frosty gaze was fixed on the place where Li Wei Yang had disappeared to. There was a hint of humor in his eyes. This girl, it was the same girl he had seen that day. . .