35

Reena closed the books as she read the last sentence, heart heavy at the end. Wiping the tears which filled her eyes she looked down at her lap, at Rocky who looked like he was in deep thoughts.

After celebrating her birthday in early morning in KGF, Rocky took her to Dubai. The last time they came here, she couldn't get to enjoy her 'vacation' as Rocky called it. She really wanted to visit this place once again so, Rocky brought her here knowing what she wants without her telling him.

Of course. He know her more than anyone.

The hotel they were staying wasn't the one they stayed before. The whole day was spent with shopping and visiting some beautiful places, making heartwarming memories. Now, they were in their hotel room with Rocky lying his head on Reena's lap as she read him a book.

Even if Rocky gifted her a whole library, he couldn't digest the reality that his shona will be spending more time in reading and those damn books will have her attention. So, he asked if she could read the book to him and Reena couldn't refuse, learning that he want lots of attention and love but not from everyone, but just her.‌

"Sad ending." Rocky mumbled few moments later.

Reena chuckled. She had read so many stories like this before.
"Tragedy kehte hai isse. Aur tragedies aaisi hi hoti hai."

(This is called tragedy. And tragedies are like that.)

Rocky sighed, catching himself surprised that he got engrossed in that story so much.

"Unka pyaar bahot kamjor tha. Issi liye jeet nahi paya aakhir mein." He stated, thinking about the storyline and the love between the main characters who- according to him actually deserve good ending. But, then reached to a conclusion that they didn't got that ending because there was lacking something.

(Their love was weak. That's why it didn't win in the end.)

Twitching her eyebrows, Reena wetted her dry lips before replying to his statement. "Well, main nahi kahungi ki unka pyaar kamjor tha. Unke pyaar ke khilaf bahot sari taqat thi. Issi liye woh kuch change kar paya, kisi ko bach nahi paya."

(Well, I won't say that their love was weak. There were just too many forces against their love. That's why it didn't change anything, didn't save anyone.)

Drawing a line of lips, she sighed and moved Rocky's hair back, stroking them gently as she told him. "But still, yeh baat mayne rakhti hai ki pyaar tha."

(But still, what matters is that love was there.)

Rocky stared at Reena for very long time and Reena couldn't pinpoint what was going in his mind.

And then, he sat straight. Flipping his hair back, he asked, "Swimming karne chale?"

*************************

The bright burning ball was disappearing into sea and it was scattering it's fiery colours across the sky along the way.

Reena placed the empty glass of wine down, breathing deeply admiring the beauty infront of her as the most beautiful day of her life was coming to end. Dipping in swimming pool's water, watching the sunset, drinking wine with the love of her life...it was all just perfect.

Reena felt light brush of Rocky's lips on her shoulder and turned to him. Even though they had been in pool for more a hour now, this sight of him was monstrously hot. She had seen him shirtless alot of times already but his body dripping with water, hair wet and sticking to his forehead.

It was too much.

But his smile was opposite of the devilishness he carry. Sweet and warm.

He made her birthday millionth times better. By just coming in her life and loving her.