Uncertainty

Y/N had conflicting thoughts about her experience with the pervert, part of her could not help craving more and fantasizing about him, making her rides more fun, or perhaps they could meet somewhere more private, for getting even closer... More rational part of Y/N, considered hiding forever, though.

Y/N put her sunglasses on, this time she would not need a cane, because she was not going to stare at somebody, she merely feared being recognized... then again, even if other passengers could not recognize her, that weirdo still would. If he approached her, all the efforts she spent on her disguise, would be completely wasted. That is why, she needed to take a bus, at least for now.

After three days, Y/N finally calmed down a little. Well, she was still ashamed, but she felt need to return. He would be probably still there, even if she disappeared longer, taking her time to recover from embarrassment — he was around long before her, after all. Still, she did not want to make him worry and wonder what was going on, any longer, if he cared about her, at all. Not to mention that she missed him too much.

There was no sign of Enmu on her way to Ayaka's house, nor he was present when she was returning home. Hopefully he was not being upset somewhere, thinking that she ghosted him, or something like that. Y/N shrugged it off. Not like he was riding a train everyday, usually... even if he was boarding it more often after they started dating. He did not think she wanted to break up, did he? Maybe he was just busy today.

A week later, Y/N became more worried. She had not seen Enmu even once. Was he mad at her because she disappeared for three days, without a word? Was this his revenge? Did conductor finally have enough and tie him up on the train tracks? Probably not. He had same tired, annoyed and cautious expression as he walked around, checking surroundings, Y/N could notice a small spark of hope in his eyes, as if he feared allowing himself to be positive, not wanting to be disappointed. No, that was not the face of a man who pushed his enemy under a train... unless he was a very good actor.

Two weeks passed. Y/N did not know what to think anymore. Did he find a job? That could explain why he had to abandon his hobbies. The attendant seemed more cheerful everyday. Y/N casually asked him how he had been lately and if he was still having any troubles, but apparently, he had not seen the pervert either.

Y/N sighed. Now she could not even hope that they merely missed each other because Enmu changed his schedule. Not that he really have any specific schedule before, anyway. That could get him caught easily.

Soon, Ayaka returned, saying that her sister was doing much better now. Y/N still continued riding a train daily for a month, not wanting to give up. She just could not. She felt like a total fool, yearning for some creep who did not even warn her, how long or why he was disappearing, but she could not give up the hope of seeing him again. She missed him so bad, it hurt.

„I knew... I knew it was too good to last." Y/N sniffled quietly. She was mad at Ayaka for giving her that cursed temporary job and not even warning her about the weirdo, looking absolutely irresistible. Well... not that other passengers felt affected in any way, so Ayaka could not possibly expect her to idiotically fall for the creep. Only a moron like Y/N could get herself into a trouble like that. Besides... was she really that mad? It was beautiful, while it lasted. She would not erase those blissful moments, even if she could. She would gladly do the same again. Too bad she could not. Apparently, he did not miss her at all. Maybe he was in trouble... „What am I to do? I cannot look for him, because I do not even know his address or his last name, all he told me was his strange first name... was it even real? I was unable to find him online, he is probably using some weird, geeky username. Police might know his whereabouts, but... I cannot just ask them, can I? They will tell me, he would inform me, if he wanted to. Way to become a registered stalker. I could also lie that I am looking for him because he stole something from me, but I do not want to get him in trouble or make him hate me. Fuck this shit! I hate my life. I just wish I could see him again... even if it is in dreams. I wish I knew what happened."

She could not figure out anything by reading about the recent accidents, either.

„I take that back. I should have been careful, what I wished for. The last time I saw him, I wanted to be left alone. I... I just want him back. I miss him so much. Did he disappear because I ran away? Maybe he could not warn me before leaving, because I was missing. Perhaps he is doing this to make me suffer and regret my actions, he is such a big sadist, after all... worse, maybe he found a better girlfriend..."

Y/N slowly gave up after time: Next month, she only boarded train once in every three days, two months later — once a week. Conductor's relieved and relaxed expression told her everything she needed. His usual anxiety was fading more and more. He did not expect to see the weirdo again, much like Y/N, though unlike her, that thought made him feel happy.

Y/N almost completely gave up after six months, she barely ever went near the train station once in every two weeks, only to spy on the conductor and guess his mood. She continued doing this for an year, before stopping. Ever since then, she was trying to only take a bus, if possible. Just looking at the trains made her feel agonizing pain in her chest, she hated herself for still looking around hopefully around them, only to get even more disappointed. She was sick of fighting her tears in public, already. Why did she get this attached so soon? Why could not she forget him after all this time? His cute face, his softness and warmth... she would do anything to feel it again.

A/N: Yes, here is the dramatic chapter because why not.