Part title

The sun being destroyed was not something Tooth Lily expected to happen today, and yet here they were with the Blank Slate almost shrouded in darkness.
Tooth Lily was curled up next to the sun piece that team four had retrieved, feeling a bit safer with it. They never liked the dark, it always brought them so much unease.

Tooth Lily stared out into the darkness, his mind becoming just a static fog. The shadows seemed to always transform into a familiar silhouette that terrified Tooth Lily, a silhouette that brought back past emotions that would flood their senses. That paint monster possibly still being on the loose didn't help one bit.

Tooth Lily was having trouble processing things around them, they heard talking but the words seemed hazy. It wasn't until a hand waved in front of their face that snapped them out of it.

"You doing ok there buddy?" Oodle asked.
Tooth Lily finally being able to process his words.
"Oh me? Oh yeah! I'm fine! Totally fine!" Tooth Lily chuckled nervously. Oodle raised an eyebrow at Tooth Lily, he knew them too well to see through the already obvious lie.

Tooth Lily sighed as Oodle sat himself next to her.
"I know how you feel about the dark, but Hey! Once this challenge is over I can fix the sun as good as new!" Oodle said while giving her a small pat on the head. Tooth Lily smiled. She always liked it when Oodle gave her pats on the head.

Tooth Lily stared off into the dark again, seeing the shadows begin to twist and turn as their mind wandered to the worst places. Which started to make a peak as the shadows kept twisting into a familiar shape.
What if it was there? What if it had finally come to take him? What if it hurt any of the contestants, or Oodle just to get to them? Tooth Lily knew this was their mind playing tricks on them, but it was the constant 'what if's' that made them start to hyperventilate.
"Tooth..?" Oodle asked in a concerned tone. Tooth Lily was trembling now, the worst case scenarios playing on loop in their mind . They looked over at Oodle, whose face was full of worry as he watched Tooth Lily.

Suddenly Tooth Lily was painfully aware of his surroundings. Which didn't help his already racing mind. The idea of the members of team four seeing him like this did nothing but put Tooth Lily in more dread. Tooth Lily struggled to speak but only jumbled syllables came out.

Oodle then turned Tooth Lily away from everyone else. Hoping that not being in direct view of the others could help slightly.
"Deep breaths okay?" Oodle's said with a small tremble in his voice. Tooth Lily felt awful. If only they weren't so paranoid then they wouldn't make Oodle so worried.
"I-I'm sorry.. I-.."
"Hey hey. you don't need to apologize. Just deep breaths ok?" Tooth Lily followed Oodle's directions, taking a deep breath in, then out. Tooth Lily's shaky breaths soon began to slow back to a normal pace.

"Everything ok now?" Oodle softly asked. Tooth Lily only nodded in response.
"Um. Do you feel comfortable talking right now?" Tooth Lily shook their head in response, being verbal sounded nothing but draining to them at the moment.
"Gotcha gotcha."
There was a slight silence between the two, the only sounds being the small talk they could overhear from team four. Oodle wasn't sure if he was the best at comforting someone during a situation like this. He has had panic attacks before so he understands how scary it can be.

"Thank you..." Tooth Lily's voice finally whispered.
"Hey it's no problem! I don't want my lil buddy to feel awful is all!" Oodle said as he gently gave Tooth Lily a pat on the head.
"Will you be ok here for the rest of the challenge?"
"Yeah, I'll be okay... Thank you." Tooth Lily was just completely emotionally drained. Oodle hated to see Tooth Lily like this, he wanted to see his friend smile again. At that Moment, Oodle had an idea.

"Hey! Tooth! Check this out!" Tooth Lily looked over to see Oodle who was trying to balance the sun piece vertically on his head. Tooth Lily softly giggled at this goofy display. Oodled smiled back until the sun piece began to fall from his head. Tooth Lily quickly got up and moved under, catching it safely in their leaves.

"Nice save Tooth! Plus it looks better on you than me!" Oodle said with a grin.
"Heh.. Thanks!" Tooth Lily smiled back with a small blush as their leaf tail wagged. Oodle was glad he was able to put a smile back on his friend's face. He had always thought their smile was adorable.
"If you need anything please let me know ok?" Oodle said as he placed the sun piece back onto the ground.
Tooth Lily nodded as they sat back down next to the sun piece.

Oodle smiled softly. He was glad to be a bit of help to someone he cared so much about.
Today was rough for both of them. Once everything was handled, another resting day was in order.