4

The field was filled with all sorts of assortments of plants.

Green and yellow grass coated the ground and trees grew in rows near the stream.

Akaza took his time walking through the meadow, admiring the plants. It was a warm night and the moon was full. It shone brightly in the middle of the clear sky and as a warm breeze passed by.

Akaza breathed in the soft scent of lavender flowers as he moved to sit by a tree. It was a nice night and Master hadn't assigned him anything so he was free to do whatever.

Maybe he would go and see Douma? Wait- Why would he do that?

Oh, forget it.

He got up and brushed the grass off of his pants. But before he could do anything else, there was a strong breeze and suddenly Douma stood in front of him. How had he'd known he was there?

"D-Douma-!" Akaza stuttered, surprised.

The blond smiled and nodded. "Akaza-dono! I've been looking for you forever!!" he whined.

Akaza shrugged but he could feel his face heating up already. Why had Douma been looking for him? Did he want him for something or...?

Either he'd asked the question out loud or Douma was able to read his mind now, but either way, the other answered his question, "I wanted to hang out with you!!" he grinned.

"Oh-" Akaza blinked. "Why?" he blurted out, before he could stop himself. Pretending he'd meant to ask that, he recovered from his embarrassment (slightly) and looked at Douma as if expecting an answer.

The other smirked. "Because I love you~" he teased, not realized how literally Akaza would take those words.

Upper 3's face was now redder than his hair and he turned, trying hide his flushed face.

Caught by surprise, Douma stepped back, processing what he'd just seen. Akaza must've taken the sentence very seriously, but his face had been rather—very—flushed.

He was going to win this bet. And he still had about...5(?) more months until the end! Time had passed pretty quickly but that didn't matter. All he had to do now was get with Akaza! And then he'll have won the bet. That was all that mattered. Right...?

Though...Douma felt as if he wasn't actually doing this for the bet anymore. What Hibiki had said no longer mattered to him. The only thing that mattered was...Akaza?

{Short chapter again sorry-}