1

I was walking down the street, it had begun raining while relaxing in the park so I had to make a quick escape... which ended up being a walk of pain. I fell and slipped on a god damn skateboard. The teens apologised profusely so I wasn't mad, but I was hurt, soaked and tired.

I sighed as I cursed under my breath and walked down the street... I stopped staring at the alley... it was a shortcut back to my apartment but always gave me paranoia, so I tended to ignore it... though today feels like a risky day. I walked down the alley. My senses heightened. I took out my phone to check my messages when I stumbled over something. I looked down to see a man sat against the cold scrappy brick wall, blood dripping down his head. He was pretty much unconcious apart from a few huffs that would leave him... my eyes widened, taking in the scene.

I quickly leant down and inspected the male "sir"

"Sir, can you hear me?" I asked concerned, I cupped the man's face and turned his head to face me, he suddenly gripped my wrist and glared at me, a few shakey breaths left him and he let go looking away. My heart raced... getting a better look at the man... he looked like he was going to murder me...

"I'll call an ambulance," I spoke, worried, and the man groaned and glared "no" he said... I sighed and nodded. He may be dazed, but a big guy like this could sure cause damage if unhappy, best to oblige him.

"Can you stand?" I asked and the man nodded slowly, I took a deep breath and did my best to help the man stand, he had a large build so it was harder than anticipated, I squeaked as the man slouched onto me, I got him steady.

"My apartment is just up the road. Can you walk?" I asked, and the man nodded. "Okay, let's go then," I added.

Yeah, I know.... what a stupid STUPID idea to let a random beat up suspicious tough brute accompany me to my apartment. But he's injured and almost unconscious. I can't leave him here.

As we reached the main street, I've got a lot of weird looks from people walking about their day, but I did my best to ignore it. When we reached my apartment block, I helped him into the elevator. He was getting pretty weak, his weight falling onto me more and more.

Once we slumped to my door, I unlocked it and helped him in, laying him on the couch. I quickly ran to my kitchen and opened the cupboard, grabbing my med kit and running back.

"Uhm... im gonna... clean the wound and wrap it, if it's okay with you..." I stuttered, watching the man as he lay there, his eyes closed and his breathing in an irregular pattern. He just did his best to nod as he tensed in pain. I tried my best to compose myself and crawled closer to the male, carefully sitting him up alittle and me sitting on the couch laying his head on my lap, I got a better look at the wound, his head looked pretty damn bad. It was on the side of his head. Like he was hit with a brick or hammer. Something of that nature.

I carefully moved his hair out the way. It seemed that by this point he had passed out, I checked his pulse, which was a little high, but still there. His breathing calmed, and as much as I'd love to know he was responsive, him being knocked out would make it easier to patch him up. I put on gloves, then cleaned the wound with an antiseptic solution. Luckily for me, my friend and brother were both doctors and taught me how to deal with such situations. Gave me a professional med kit.

Once the wound was successfully clean, I got out a sterile needle and medical thread then began carefully stitching up the wound, I could sense the man was uncomfortable with the way he shifted but I made sure to take extra care. After i had stitched the wound, I cleaned it again and bandaged it up, wrapping the bandage around his head like a bandanna so it would at least look nice. I noticed he was holding a pair of goggles. They were a little damaged. So once I had managed to move and lay him down again, I got my sewing kit and stiched the leather of the goggles together, making it as seamless as I could.

I sighed and walked over to the man, placing the goggles on the side table, inspecting the male. He was pretty... handsome... though he had blood and... runny makeup all over his face. He was handsome in the rough kinda way. The missing arm wasn't bleeding and was nicely bandaged, so it must be an old injury, same for the cards decorating his face and... body. I sighed once more and walked to my room, grabbing a blanket and taking it back to him, laying it over him the heading to my bathroom, taking a shower...

Many thoughts rushed through my mind... who is this man, and how did he end up there. What kinda guy is he... and did I make the right choice by helping him, i mean, I don't regret it!!! No.. never regret helping someone...

But if he tried to harm me... which I hope not... I dont know what I'll do.

I took a deep breath...

Guess well, just have to find out.

What's a risk without the risk itself.