8

I walked into the house seeing Luffy, Sabo, and Ace all sat on a couch together. Marco was sat in the chair. Thatch, Jozu, Vista, and Izou were all standing around.

"Y/n.. you're here." Called Ace as he stood up and engulfed me in a tight hug. I froze for a moment, hugging him back tightly.

"Of course I'm here... I wish I was here sooner, " I replied sincerely. Ace sighed and patted my shoulder. Come sit down.

"Yeah..."

As I walked by, I'd offer everyone a warm hug before I sat down beside sabo, who patted my back with a soft smile.

"Is he sleeping?" I asked softly, and Vista nodded with a hum. I smiled falsley to him and looked down to my feet with a frown. "Im glad you guys... stuck around for him. He's really needed it, " I spoke with, my voice starting to crack. Ace hugged me again "Hey don't feel bad about leaving Y/n. You wanted to be independent. We all understand, you're here now that's all that matters, " he said with a soft half smile. I nodded and leant into his embrace.

"He was doing so well..." izou commented depressingly. "He just got out of hospital the other month full of life, and he's relapsed," Vista continued. I sighed.

"He's so strong... i was so sure he'd beat this..." I whispered. Ace rubbed my arm gently, "we all did."

After a while, I decided to get up and go see Pops. Walking up the stairs, I could feel my heart racing... I hadn't messaged in such a long time that I felt like I betrayed him...

I walked down the corridor and slowly opened the door. There he was, snoring away. An IV in his arm. I internally sighed and then approached the bed, sitting down gently and holding his hand.

The snoring stopped, and his eye peeled open. "Y/n my lass," he said with his deep, rough voice. "Pops.." I replied with a gentle tone. He smiled and began to sit up.

"Here, let me help you," I said. He looked at me like an idiot but shrugged it off (he could do it himself, but he liked the attention from his only daughter).

"How are you feeling?" I asked softly. He hummed and huffed, offering a big grin. "I feel fine lass, maybe I should die more often if it means you come to see me," he joked, leaning over, grabbing his cup of beer... I sighed.

"I meant to visit more... I really did... just with work taking up all my time... I shouldn't be making excuses... im an awful daughter..." I spoke saddened.

"Shut it, I didn't raise no awful daughter lass, you've grown up. Don't blame yourself for that. I should have got one of the boys to call you on them telephones." He said as happy as ever but with an underlying irritation at my comment.

I leaned in, giving him a big hug, "I love you, Pops." I spoke as a tear shed down my cheek. "I love you too, y/n, you should stay with me. For a short while." He spoke serious with a hunt of playfulness.

"Really? I'd like that. I mean... my apartment got destroyed the other day accidentally by a... friend... so coincidentally, that would be really nice of you, " I said with a smile, Pops wiped away the stray tear on my cheek and smiled. I'm sure Kid won't mind... it would be alot safer this way.

"Your room hasn't been touched, lass, so help yourself, I'm glad you wanna stay." He replied.

"More than anything.. I'll be here... right here with you..."

"Till I'm gone," he spoke

... "...y-yes"

~~

Later that evening, after I helped cook meals for everyone, the day had been so short, with so much on my mind that I completely forgot to check my phone. Looking down, I saw so many misscalls.

Shit...

I speed walked into the back yard and called back Kid.

--

Kid - "Y/N, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU???"

Y/n - "Hey kid... im sorry.."

Kid - "What's going on? Are you okay?" He said intensely.

Y/n - "Yeah, just... my dad's dying. I'm sorry I didn't call you sooner. I've been busy. It's just a lot right now."

Kid - "shit. Are you feeling alright?"

Y/n - "Yeah, I'll be fine. I won't be coming back tonight, though. I'm going to stay with my dad a while. I hope you don't mind. I mean... you've got your memory back, so you won't need me to take care of you now. You be careful, okay?"

...

Kid - "I will. Better come see me as soon as you're ready. "

Y/n - "You know I will."

~~~

I sighed... Kid...

"Everything okay, sis?" Asked Luffy from the door. I smiled at him and walked over, throwing my arm over him, embracing him as we walked inside "yeah im fine, how my little bro?" I asked playfully. He grinned widely "its been great, I've got more friends since last time we talked. You should come to the baratie with me and meet them, sanji will be working so the food will be the best." He exclaimed happily. Jeez... last time I went there with Luffy, this sanji guy wouldn't stop flirting with me. As much as I love my brother... maybe... ugh... fine, I guess I'll go.

"Sure, luffy, I'd love to."

"It's so great that you're back home. Sabo and Ace have missed you a lot."

"Really? I'm glad to know. "

Talking about sabo, where is he.

I smiled to luffy and began looking around for the blonde. I found him in his room on his phone. "Hey," I said as I walked in. He smirked softly, sitting up and patting to sit next to him. "Hey y/n, you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just wanted to come see you," I replied as I sat beside him. He smiled.

"I know I didn't know Pops like you and Ace did. But when he welcomed me open arms last year, I knew he was a great man and a great role model for Ace. I wish we all could of got more time with him than this, " he spoke, his smile faded into a frown.

"Like Ace said, we're all here now. that's what counts. Though... I can't help but feel I took him for granted sometimes, " I said. Also, with a frown, he sighed and patted my shoulder.

"The way Pops talked about you when you weren't here, he's so proud of you for being your own person y/n. So am I, and Ace. And Marco and well.. everyone. How has life been anyway? Pops mentioned your apartment was.... destroyed?" He asked curiously.

I sighed.

"Long story short... I may have taken in an injured guy who turned out to be a criminal who got tracked to my apartment and when people came to finish the job... the not so injured anymore criminal accidentally trashed my apartment when he protected me from the... people..." I explained, which sounded really bad when you say it. Sabo looked a little concerned at first and then smiled.

"Well, criminal or not, he protected you, so he can't be that bad," sabo said, giving me the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, how he's so wrong....

"You could say that," I replied with a smile.

"How have you been anyway? Are you and Koala engaged yet?" I asked playfully. He blushed and began to stutter. "N-no, of course not, I mean... maybe in the future, but... not now, " he said shy. I smiled and sighed.

"Dont worry, I'm only messing, though a wedding would be really nice after Pops... funeral..." I spoke with a frown, my eyes beginning to tear again.

Sabo hugged me and sighed. "I'll think about it," he spoke, which caused me to chuckle softly.

"Dont make m me laugh. im sad," I replied, and he smiled. "But I'm your big brother. It's my job to make you smile," he spoke. I sniffled and smiled softly.

"Thank you."