01

✧

The beaming sun casted a rosy hue across the morning sky and golden fingers of sunlight lit up everything it touched, fluffy white clouds drifting oh-so-lazily in the gentle breeze that came soon after, blowing soft strands of midnight into the girl's face, causing her to lift her hand as she softly pushed the pieces of hair behind her ear.

Dirt crunched and small pebbles skidded away as the girl walked, a dark blue haori with white snowflakes embroidered in covered the girl's frame and her violet colored eyes scanned the area.

It was early evening when she had arrived at a large hill and as she walked up, her eyes widened in wonder at the beautiful sight.

Bright flowers, the same shade as her eyes, hung down from the branches of the tree and reaching up, Miyuki gently ran her fingers along the soft petals of the flowers, a gentle smile on her face.

A soft hue of indigo reflected off of her face as the light reflected off of the flowers and a sigh of relaxation left the young girl.

The light breeze that swept through the air made Miyuki close her eyes in bliss for a moment, before she slowly opened them and began to make her way forward.

Moving up the stairs, the young girl paused and took a look around, taking in the sight before her.

There were quite a few applicants and two children; a young boy and young girl, who looked eerily similar in looks with bright purple eyes, were quietly watching the applicants.

Looking at each and every applicant, Miyuki frowned and placed her hand on the hilt of her sword, knowing that a few would barely survive. After all, demons were quick and stealthy, so that would mean at least a few people would be caught by surprise, their lives ending from an attack.

'Everyone.. we thank you for coming here tonight. To the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection'

'There are demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane, captured alive by Demon Slayer swordsmen, and are unable to leave'

'That is because wisteria, which demons hate so much, blooms even out of season from the bottom to halfway up the mountain. However, there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound'

'You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass Final Selection'

Together, the siblings bowed slightly and their lanterns glowed brightly, illuminating the slightly brighter area.