04 | Three Musketeers

04/𓏲ָꉂ⋆𓏲ָꉂ⋆𓏲ָꉂ⋆

Exhausted from her previous tests, on her busy Friday, Esmée fell into the bus. Drowsy and had a feeling of clinomania, the excessive desire to stay in bed. She sweltered in the amount of stress that burned in her throat and back. Usually, her father would be dead ass on the couch, leaving Esmée to steal a bottle of beer.

This beer she held would be emptied out just as her father would. Esmée found herself to drink to stop stress, pain, and depression. She swarmed around it causing her into troubling messes. She often found herself away from home, which in her mind seemed fine due to her father. But as she stepped through that door, her hair was tugged, her brother would screaming at the top of his lungs, and his older brother would begin to lecture Esmée as her father hit her.

Peering out to Hawkins, France began to look as if she had been living as a queen. The lights and architecture, oh for how they brought such wonder to Esmée. In awe, she would-

"If you can move your bag, you might save another life from sitting next to Tommy Hagen."

Esmée glimpsed at the girl staring down at her.

"My- uh- uh- apologies, got to save from uh- heh- freckled dick," Esmée placed her bag on the floor.

But quickly jumped as her laugh began. Her laugh wasn't just a laugh it was like a cackle. First it was an uproar, representing a shredding instrument. Then, she slumped into the seat, cackling away, pretty loud motherfucker, Esmée thought. After, she wheezed and snorted, almost hiccuping. A slap on Esmée's shoulder fell, Esmée had no idea her humor could change the girl to a horse.

"Oh my! I thought you would like hit me with a baguette for saying that but, you are one funny bastard!" The girl uprooted, out of breath.

"Yeah, yeah?" Esmée had no idea how to respond.

"Oh! Liliana! Come here! Lemme save you!" The girl called to another girl.

The other girl waddled over, flipping off Tommy.

"Scooch over a little!" The girl ordered.

"Scootchin' uh- my pooch," Esmée moved herself over yet heard the GRIL laugh again.

Smushed against the girl and the window, Esmée could only hear the girl's laughter.

"Yolanda! Shut up you idiot! I am so sorry French girl!" Liliana comforted while smacking Yolanda.

Wheezing awkwardly, Liliana yanked an inhaler out of Yolanda's back pocket, giving it to Yolanda. Using the inhaler, she calmed herself ready to talk some more.

"Sorry for my friend, she's kinda loud and- well, sorry, just loud and my name is Liliana Barlowe, this is Yolanda Caddel. Pleasure to meet you," Liliana held her hand for Esmée.

"Esmée Rochefort, great to- to meet uh- you both," Esmée gently took the Liliana's hand and had never had a better handshake than she had right there.

Liliana's fingers were slim and long. Just as her nails, being healthy, they looses so good they looked fake. Her hand was clear of any scars or bruises, just smooth, perfectly tanned skin. That skin was magnifying to the touch. She must use a lot of hand creams because her skin felt puffy and pillow like.

"I have never seen someone so entranced by a handshake!" Yolanda laughed out.

Esmèe flushed pink, embarrassed from what Yolanda claimed.

"I use a lot of hand cream, coffee type to be exact," Liliana gave her best smile.

"Must be- uh- good with the guys and girls?" Esmée knew what was coming.

Yolanda burst into laughter as Liliana was awestruck.

That's how it moved on with the three girls. The whole ride seemed to connect the girls like puzzle pieces. Taking about their interest, joking about Tommy and Carol's relationship, gossiping about the school, and hating on Billy Hargrove. Esmée could see that would match the boy's personality from the times they had met up.

Esmée could even understand why he had to take pills in order to maintain himself. Esmée even agreed that yes, the boy was painfully gorgeous. He differed from his hair, probably being the only boy in school who could pull off a mullet. It made Esmée giggle that she and the other girls knew he was a dick but would indeed date him if he were not one.

"Oh, this is my stop."

Esmée brought herself and her backpack up.

"Great to- uh- meet you ha- all."

"Are you sure?" Yolanda asked.

"Yolanda!" Liliana snarled.

"It's okay, see you guys later."

Esmée walked through the aisle.

"You live here Frenchie? What a fucking joke!" Tommy chuckled.

Esmée kept trudging through, finding her way to walk out of the bus to her apartment.

𓏲ָꉂ⋆𓏲ָꉂ⋆𓏲ָꉂ⋆

"William!" Neil's voice sounded so agitated, Billy didn't want to get out of his room.

'You'll get in less trouble if you just go.'

Billy walked ambled, trying to just listen to his dad. But slowly his walking progressed to a faltering walk. His body knew what this was. No matter of his mind tried to keep pushing, his body could feel he aching.

"WILLIAM!"

Billy's footsteps began speedy, his whole body was shaking.

"Finally you fuck. Go to the store and get me some beers and tell Susan to do her fucking job," Neil eyes Billy with hatred.

Billy turned away, but felt a hand on his shoulder.

"William. What. Did. I. Tell you about respect? You answer me appropriately EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN TIME!"

"I DIDN'T FUCKING SAY ANYTHING!" Billy screamed. "YOU GO DO SOME SHIT FOR ONCE, ONCE IN YOUR GOD DAMN LIFE! YOU FUCKING PUSSY!" Billy's face became death cold.

He knew it. Max knew it. Susan knew it. Neil knew it. But this time something happened. As Neil winded up, Billy ran. He ran out of that house, hoisting the door open and slamming it. His converse pushing out, slamming against the concrete of the sidewalk. He ran, faster than ever. Faster than running against the basketball court, faster than when he chased after that kid, faster than he left that classroom, faster then when he ran off to the ocean.

Faster than he decided to end it all.