Chapter one .

Laila wanted to cry so badly . She wasn't okay after all and she couldn't just stand here and pretend that she was okay . Laila had high hopes for this day but right now , laila guessed that's where she went wrong . So she simply slipped away from the scene .

            The day started on a great note . Laila was excited for the college fest today but more than that , she was excited for dressing up together with her friends and laughing her butt of . So laila took a shower and went to her friend's house with her accessories and products that she had to use .   

          Diana lived only a few minutes away from laila , diana didn't greet her instead she said , 

" Hurry up , we all are in my room . " 

" Okay " 

Mona and Ashley greeted diana as she entered the room . Diana , laila and mona were practically inseparable . They grew up together . Ashley was a common friend . 

" Mona , try this top instead . It will look great on you . Laila , I borrowed a top from my mom , go try it please ."  Diana said .

Laila tried not to blush . Laila was a big girl and sometimes she hated it .

Mona went to try the top first .  When she came out , everyone gasped .

" OMG GIRL , this is made for you !!" 

" YES !! EXACTLY "

laila clapped her hands and whistled and mona laughed it off . 

Laila went inside the bathroom to change .

She saw the mirror and she flinched . Laila looked hideous , honestly . She looked so fat in that top , she didn't want to wear it but she didn't want to hurt mona's feelings either , so she went outside .

When she went outside , there was a pin drop silence in the room  that was broken when mona cleared her throat and said , " You look good ." 

" No , she doesn't . Laila , go with the top that you were wearing . You look so fat in this . Like extremely fat . " , ashley said .

Now laila knew ashley wasn't a mean person . She was a good friend . Infact , laila completely agreed with ashley because that was her first thought .  The fact that she knew , did it make it hurt any less ? Absolutely no. 

" Laila , which one do you like better ? This one or your own " , mona asked

" This is a beautiful top , mona but  I guess  mine looks better on me ." , laila replied .

" Ashley , you shouldn't have said it ,  now she obviously feels bad ." , diana said

" I am going to tell her the truth . Better hear it from me than others ." , ashley replied

Laila went inside the bathroom and she felt a tear trickle down her nose but she wasn't going to make a mess . Today was supposed to be a good day and she wouldn't mess it up .

Laila took deep breaths , planted a big smile on her face . She told herself , she was happy . Very happy . 

She went outside and quietly sat in a corner , putting some make up and accessories on .

When it was time to leave , laila sat in the front seat and the three of them in the back seat .