Pain

(Percy is the Hero and Annabeth is the Villain)

 "Hah! Look at you weakling!" I sniggered as I crouched to look into Percy's eyes. He flinched. All around us was a bloodbath. "You wasted your last bullet and missed me. Pathetic." I whispered into his ear. "Nice of you to let the villain win once, eh? Considering that you're the supposed hero." I smirked as I stood up, arms akimbo with blood on my hands.

"You...you won't get away with this!" Percy shouted, clenching his fists and shaking.

"Really? What will you do?" I replied mockingly, raising an eyebrow. "You don't have anything anymore. You're worthless." I smiled inwardly with pleasure. It was very fun to watch him suffer. I twirled around. Better to let him slowly die than a quick death. "Oh. But I do have something." Percy suddenly muttered, reaching into his pocket. I looked back curiously.

Swish!

A searing pain shot through my body. I looked down with horror and widened my eyes. A tip of a dagger could be visible through my body. Blood was flowing furiously out of me. I collapsed to the ground. "What have you done?!" I screeched to Percy, trembling uncontrollably. I glanced up slowly.

There was a horrifying glint in his eyes. Although he already stood up, I could visibly see the emotionless frown on his face. And all he did was look at me silently. I glared.

The sharp pain whisked me away from my thoughts. I clenched my teeth so hard that my jaw ached. Whenever I tried to move, it felt like an iron-hot poker has just been shoved through my gut over and over again. Blood soaked my shirt. I then realized that the tip of the dagger had been dipped in poison. And it had started kicking in.

"STOP THE PAIN! PLEASE!" I screamed in agony, my face contracting in pain. Yet again, Percy did nothing. Nothing at all.

Suddenly, I found it harder to breathe. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. I reminded myself constantly, sweat beading my forehead. All of the sudden, my head felt lighter. My head started swaying slowly. Everything around me started to blur. All the noise stopped. My body felt numb. My eyes were non-stop trying to close.

"Why..." I muttered under my breath, as I used my final energy to try to grab Percy's cloak as a last resort. He stepped away immediately. "Get your filthy hands off me. You deserve this." He glowered down at me.

I then stopped fighting the pain. What Percy said made sense... I was a horrible monster. All I had done was for me. "I...I'm sorry for everything I've done." I mumbled softly, tears coming out of my dark eyes. The pain and my regretfulness causing my tears. Percy hesitantly glanced back but neither said nor did anything.

I really did deserve this terrible death. Suddenly, a piercing pain coursed through my body. I could not bear not live with the pain of the stab wound and the awful things I did. And with that, I took my last breath and closed my eyes, hoping I would have a long and peaceful sleep. Percy watched on. As I took my last breath, he turned and whispered, "Goodbye, Annabeth..." He then yelled to his comrades to retreat.

__________________________________________

Might make a part 2. Hope you enjoyed this!

---Fei Fei