mission impossible.

An applause from Mori filled the room.

"Good... that was very good." He smiled, eyeing Dazai. "What did you think of it, Dazai?"

Dazai tilted his head to the side. "It was... a surprise. Quite a useful ability, in my opinion." He then raised his hands up defensively. "Not that my opinion matters all that much!"

Y/n stared at him, a smile creeping onto her face. "You really think it's good..?" She'd never gotten this much praise for her ability before. Her mother didn't have any use of it anyway, so it was unused for a long time.

Dazai scoffed. He was becoming incredibly bored, having been watching her be tested upon hours on end. "Yes, yes. It's an alright ability, perfect for combat, blah blah blah. Do I have permission to leave now, Mori?" His frustration was clearly displayed, and all he wanted to do was mess with Chuuya now.

"No you may not." Mori laughed, and held Dazai by the back of his collar. "But what you can do is call Chuuya to come here." Dazai sighed, took out his phone, and began dialing.

"Nakahara Chuuya", Dazai drew out the 'u' in Chuuya in a passive aggressive tone. "Come fetch here, my dog. Boss' orders." On the other side of the line, you could hear a growl and strings of curses thrown at Dazai, until he hung up.

As soon as Dazai turned off his phone, the door slammed open, revealing a very angry red head.

"Chuuya, so glad that you could make it!" Dazai smiled at him, eyes closed. Chuuya only scoffed in response. "Mori... what did you call me here for?" Y/n looked at the boys with a raised brow. How come she was the only one who addresses the boss as Dr. Mori?

"I think Dazai might have an idea. Care to explain?" Mori side eyed the boy, and scooted the three kids closer together.

"Mori's planning for Y/n to go on her first mission. Thankfully, you're going to be her partner, Chuuya!" Dazai patted both Y/n and Chuuya's shoulders, laughing only at Chuuya though. "Dazai, you-!" Mori cleared his throat.

"Although what you said is entirely correct Dazai, you're missing one key detail." The old man smirked at the three. "You'll be their supervisor. I expect them to be alive by the end of the mission."

Dazai's laughter came to a halt. "W-what do you mean... this has to be a joke!" He turned and glared at Chuuya. "Why do I have to supervise him?!" Y/n sweat dropped at the two teenagers. I guess I've been forgotten about already...

"Pshh, and why do I have to be supervised by him?!" Chuuya spat back, feeling the urge to throw a punch. "I'd rather be partners with Y/n my whole life than go on missions with you!" "Oh yeah?! Well-"

"Boys, silence." Everyone stopped what they were doing and faced Mori, who was clearly becoming irritated from their little fight. Turning to Dazai, Mori explained,"Y/n needs someone to show her the ropes of the Port Mafia, and Chuuya is perfect for that since he is also relatively new, joining around half a year ago. This will give the both of them more experience."

Taking a deep breath, Mori continued, facing Chuuya and Y/n. "And since you are new, Dazai will be the one to supervise and guide you because he's been here longer than you two have, and plus he's the same age. Does that explain things?" He asks, only accepting "yes" as an answer.

"Yes Dr. Mori..."

"Yes sir..."

"Mhm..."

"Good, now that that's settled, Chuuya you may show Y/n to her room in Unit 16's dormitory." Everyone sighed relieved, exhausted from the whole day.