Chapter 19

"We're moving......"

Oh no! Not again!

".....to Italy."

Wait, what? Italy?

I realized that they were waiting for me to speak. "Why so sudden? Is something wrong? Wait, does that mean I can go tomorrow?"

"No!", mom answered quickly. "It's too dangerous to go alone."

I gave her a flat look. "Mom, there'll be forty more people. You can't call that alone."

"B-but you don't understand!"

I became alarmed as I saw tears at the rims of her eyes. Dad tried to calm her down. "Honey, sooner or later she'll have to face it. We can't cage her forever."

"Mom, dad. Is there something you're not telling me?"

My dad faced me, calmly, holding mom. "There is, Los. But now's not the time. You can go with your friends tomorrow. We've already found us a home. Your mom and I will come day after tomorrow. From then, you'll be staying with us instead of your friends, even during the tour. Tomorrow's your last day with your friends so, make it worthwhile."

"But I can't let her......I promised.......Annie..", mom stuttered to dad.

Dad sighed. "Caroline, we have to tell her. We have to finish this, once and for all. I can't run away anymore."

It seems like they're talking in riddles. Will they laugh in a second saying they're joking?

Before I could ask anything, dad took mom out of the room.

Are they kidding me? Who are they running from? What do they have to finish? Were there more problems in my life than I know?

All these again reminded me of that unknown phone call. The only person knowing about it is Jake, and he's not much of a help in finding out the caller.

I shook these thoughts out of my mind. After all, this was a moment to celebrate. I had been feeling so bad thinking that I was lying to Niccolo about going tomorrow. Guess it wasn't 'lying' after all.

I layed down on my bed, thinking of the trip. It had been a while since I last went on one. One year and a half. I couldn't understand why we were again moving but I had a feeling that this would be final. The determination I saw in my parents eyes told me that I was going to live in Italy, if not forever it would atlest be for a very long time.

There came a knock on my door as I was thinking happy scenes when reaching Italy. I told the person to come in and in came Amelie, carrying my dinner in her hand.

To say I was shocked would be the biggest understatement. Amelie rarely does any work like that. When I don't feel like eating downstairs, mom is usually the one to bring my meals. Though I couldn't understand why my dinner is brought up in my room today.

"Dad told me to give this to you. As if you can't take it yourself. Don't make a habit of this, I'm not going to bring any more meals here.", she said as she kept my dinner on the table. "I should atleast be getting a thank you. Jeez, Los, where are your manners?"

And who's the bigger sister again?

I ignored her statement. "Am, why did you bring this here? Aren't we having dinner downstairs?"

At this question, she turned serious. "I don't know, Los. When I went down to get food, I heard mom sniffing. Now I'm sure that it's not because of cold so, I think she was crying. When they came to talk to you they told me not to come out of my room. As you know me, I did come out of my room and tried to hear what they were saying. We're going to Italy?"