chapter eight

Blitzø was restless, excitement coursed through his veins. He made a new friend, one that didn't care how he looked or how he was weird.

He just hoped fizzarolli didn't chase you off like he did with his other friends. If he could even call them that, verosika, his old crush had left because of fizzarolli.

Why did he stay friends with him? He didn't know why.

"Blitzø, do you think y/n likes me?"

Fizzarolli asked, staring at the ceiling. Blitzø rolled his eyes looking at the condescending imp.

"I dunno, why are you asking? Do you like her?"

Blitzø asked, a hint of venom to his voice as he watched fizzarolli flush a bright pink. Pulling the blanket up to hide his blush as he spoke.

"No..."

Blitzø scoffed, leaning on his elbow as he stared at the flushed imp. Fizzarolli peeked out of the blanket, staring shyly up at blitzø.

"Your a terrible liar."

Blitzø spoke bluntly, watching as fizzarolli turned a darker shade of red. Trying to find the words to tell him no, but failing miserably.

Blitzø laid back down staring up at the ceiling, his tail twitched gently as he thought about his future job.

He'd hire you as his number one Hitman, and second boss in command. He'd give you the best guns, pay you extra for being with him.

"... Do you like her?"

Fizzarolli asked looking over at blitzø who struggled to sleep.

"Um, maybe?"

He spoke, just wanting to go back to bed and forget about this.

Fizzarolli stayed silent, listening to the sounds of birds cooing.

Would you let him hold your hand? Pet your hair? Did you like blitzø more than him?

"Why are you smillin' like that? It's freakin' me out."

Blitzø spoke looking away from fizzarolli who had an odd smile. Something didn't fit right with him, like he shouldn't be in the room at all.

Fizzarolli felt something dark and twisted rear it's ugly head. What if you did like blitzø? What then. Simple, a voice said in his head.

'we'll out do blitzø.'

His hands twitched.

"And if that doesn't work?"

He mentally asked the voice, his heart racing in his chest.

The voice chuckled.

'we'll worry about the 'whats' and 'ifs' later, right now we need to figure out how to put do blitzø tomorrow.'

The voice spoke, confidence in it's voice as an image of you popped up.

"Soon pretty."

He whispered to himself, he'd impress you.

Blitzø stared at fizzarolli, worry and fear was all he felt as he watched his friend decend into madness slowly.

Turning around he faced the wall, squeezing his eyes shut tightly, forcing himself to sleep.

Maybe in the morning he'd be back to normal. Maybe he finally snapped under all the pressure.

Word count 469