Bruised

Joel Miller x GN! Reader

tw: joel getting hurt

this is really short 💔💔

Joel grunted, walking into the abandoned house the two of you had found while hunting. Taking the chance, the two of you decided to camp out in it for a few days to get food and any other materials you might have needed.

"Joel, are you okay?" You asked, walking beside him. While hunting, the two of you were found by some raiders, one of the raiders hitting Joel with a bat in his shoulder.

You took his rifle from him, setting it down. "Mhm.. I'm fine." He nodded, wincing slightly at the pain.

You rolled your eyes. "Joel, you need to sit down." You said with a slightly demanding tone.

"Fine, fine.." He said, slowly walking over to the couch and sitting down. "Fuck." He muttered under his breath, trying to relax. He laid his head on the cushion, huffing.

You kneeled down in front of him, worried about him. "Joel, do you need me to help you with anything? Is there anything I can do?" You worriedly asked, looking up at him, his eyes squeezed shut and his head leaned back.

It was obvious how much pain he was in, and you felt terrible for it. "N-no, honey.. I'm fine." He shook his head, looking down at you with a weak smile.

You stood up, sitting beside him and pulling him against you, making sure he wasn't in pain when you did that. "Is that alright?" You ask, his head laying against your shoulder.

He smiled, nodding weakly and looking up at you. You looked down at him, unable to contain your smile. Even though he was in pain, he still somehow had that pretty smile that always made your heart flutter.

You brought your hand up to his hair, playing with his curls, hoping to relax him even more. "T-that feels nice." He muttered, looking up at you.

"Yeah?" You asked, your smile becoming somehow even brighter than before.

He nodded, sighing at the feeling of your hand in his hair. His eyes closed, letting the sensation relax him.

After a few minutes, you checked on Joel and realized he was fast asleep against you.