One Shot

Author's POV
Today is the last week of the school year before it ends. Apparently, the day of recognizing the topnatchers and special awardees of the specific grade levels. The rest of the girls came early with their parents while Jam came with her granny.

Jam's dad left them 6 years ago while her mum is in LA right now working for the world's biggest boyband, One Direction. Elizabeth, her mum, start working for them in 2012 so she don't stay with Jam and James more often.

The girls went to their seats separate from their guardians sitting on the opposite row. They are so happy because they are all recieving awards, except Jam even though she was in the rank 2 in class.

"Hey what's the matter with Jam? Aren't she happy that she made it to the top?" Sab asked Chloe.

"I don't know. Maybe she's happy but she don't want to show it." She answered.

The program has started and the masters of ceremony starts giving the certificates, medals and plaques. Tracy recieved the gold medal, Jam got the silver, Brooklyn, Nina and Chloe got the bronze. Sab stoop her head because she thinks that she did not make it to the top again while her friends did. Jam walks toward her and wore her medal on Sab.

"What are you doing?" Sab asked.

"Even if you're not in the top 5 in class, your parents are still proud of you. They are here for you. You are smart Sab, don't feel disappointed about yourself. You still made it to the top. That medal, you deserved that better than I do." Jam said and left. The girls went to Sab and asked for Jam. They were about to celebrate for their success. They tried to find Jam and her granny told them that she went to an art gallery somewhere in Brisbane. They all went there and they saw Jam painting.

"Jam!" Sab called her. Jam looked back and was shocked.

"How did you find me?" She asked.

"We asked Granny." Brooklyn stated.

"Go home. You should be celebrating with your family." Jam said.

"We can celebrate with them anytime soon, but you, you can't celebrate with your family anytime you want." Nina said.

"I will never celebrate with them anymore? My dad left us. My mum don't but it feels like I lose them both."

"You're wrong Jam. Maybe your dad did but your mum didn't! She is waiting for you in your house. She cooked lots of food for you!" Chloe said.

"Come on, wear this again. It's yours! You worked hard for this! Let's go to your house because they are all waiting for us most especially for you, Jam." Sab said while offering Jam's medal back.

"I'm busy. You can go there without me."

"Jam! I will slap this medal to you! You can do that some other time bro!" Sab yelled.

"Fine! You don't have to yell on me." She said. They quickly drove to Jam's house. Their parents are there waiting for them. Eli ran to Jam and hugged her so tight.

"I miss you. I love you. I'm so proud of you, honey."

"Get your hands off of me."

"Jam!" Sab said. Jam just rolled her eyes. They went inside the house and start eating and complimenting their daughters. Eli is so hands on to Jam while she is looking annoyed by her own mum.

"Can you please stop acting like you care about me?"

"Jam, even just for a while. Stop being rude." James said, her brother.

"Sorry." Jam said to her mum.

"Girls, girls! Come here in the middle. We have something to give you." Eli said. So the girls did.