The Setting Sun and The Rising Moon

The Rising Moon admires the Sun because her light can shine all over the earth.

The Sun is the embodiment of wisdom. She creates Aranara, a plant creature capable of controlling dreams that protect the secret of the sun and rain. She develops flourishing rainforests for her people. The rainforest later gives birth to villages and lives for generations. Meanwhile, the massive Divine Tree will be a foundation for the City of Scholars.

She prevented harm when the desert spread further by building the Wall of Samiel to protect everyone. She aided Deshret's people when the forbidden knowledge fell upon them. The Sun sacrifices herself and regresses into a child to suppress the forbidden knowledge.

The Moon is forever pale compared to her. The Sun is a Goddess of Wisdom, respected by everyone. Her light preserves for hundreds of years until now. People look up to her as the Dendro Archon. Yet, the Setting Sun is envious of the Moon, for she can be accompanied by the sweetest of dreams.

The Moon has the most terrific and lively dream across Sumeru. She learns many things about people or society through dreams. The knowledge further enriches her life and mind. Her innocent curiosity gains her many experiences throughout her life.

She visits Sumeru children's dreams every night to make them grow with warmth and love. She talks and plays with them until dawn, melting their worry away in their sleep. For children, the Moon is their beloved friend.

If one is asked which one is better between the Sun and Moon, what will be their answer?

The Sun only smiles at that question as the argument is no longer important. It is time for her to say goodbye to her people. Her existence will be erased from memories. She will leave her legacy to her people since she believes in them.

"Goodbye people of Sumeru. May you be blessed tonight with the sweetest of dreams."

The Setting Sun disappears while the Rising Moon remains in the sky.