Chapter 1

A/n:

The medical terminology will not be accurate so don't mind it.
The ages at the start of the fic
Rhaenyra: 34
Alicent: 35
Aegon: 13
Haelena: 10
Aemond: 7

##############

Rhaenyra's Pov:

The last thing I remember was the flames that consumed me when my brother ordered his dragon to burn me. In my final moments, I remember praying to the gods to keep my last son safe and during those moments my mind flickered to the woman I loved more than life, the mother of the man that just killed me.

I tried opening my eyes but something was preventing me from doing it. I heard someone talking to me though I couldn't hear them, it was clearly a woman and there was also this constant annoying sound that I have never heard before, it was quite irritating. The person that was talking to me took hold of my hand giving it a gentle squeeze as if she is afraid to hurt me and almost instinctively I squeezed her hand back.

I could hear her calling me by my name, asking me if I could hear her. Weird that she didn't address me as Queen does she know me or does she think that she doesn't have to call me that because I'm dead? I'm certain that Kinslaying Usurper King has informed everyone and has already celebrated my death I wonder how Alicent reacted to my death, wait I'm supposed to be dead there is no way I survived it then where am I? Am I in the afterlife? and Why does that voice sound familiar?

The woman yelling for someone called Doctor bought me out of my thoughts. This time I tried much harder to open my eyes wanting to see what was going on and to know who was talking to me. When I was finally able to open the bright light illuminating the room made me shut my eyes. What is illuminating the room so brightly, it's clearly not sunlight or the candles.

When I was finally able to open my eyes I looked around the brightly lit room before my eyes fell on the person holding my hand out of everyone I could think of standing to my right I never thought it would be Alicent Hightower. She was looking more beautiful than I have ever seen her and she looks different too her face contains fewer wrinkles than the last time I have seen her and even though the exhaustion was still visible on her face she wasn't looking at me with anger, fear, or even hatred. She was looking at me with love, happiness, and adoration. She was looking at me with a big smile on her face. I don't remember the last time I have seen her this happy or smile this big maybe back when she was just my Ali.

Then my eyes fell on the boy that was standing next to her with a smile identical to Alicent's. It was Aegon, a much younger Aegon but still, undoubtedly the man that just killed me, and once I recognized who it was my breath started picking up and that annoying sound also started growing quicker and much louder. The smile on Alicent and Aegon's faces were quickly replaced by concern and panic, their lips started moving but I could hear a word they were saying.

It was when Aegon moved closer to touch me that all hell broke loose, I jerked away from his touch which shot a sharp pain through my head and that annoying sound was only making the pain worse. A couple of people barged into the room wearing white coats and one of them I recognized as my cousin and good sister Laena who died years ago. Laena was saying something to me but I couldn't hear, the pain in my head was getting worse and I started trashing trying to get away from the pain they held me down before they stabbed me with a needle and the next thing I know I was slipping into my slumber once again.

##############

The next time I opened my eyes it was dark outside and the lights weren't as bright as they were before but still brighter than a few candles. I once again looked around the room when I saw two figures sitting on the sofa at the far right of the room. It took me a while before I could see that the people are Alicent and Daemon. Alicent was crying (which broke my heart a little) and Daemon looks to be comforting her. Yep, definitely dreaming and with that thought, I went back to my slumber.