0.7

I get changed into some work out clothes before joining the boys at the breakfast table.

"Good morning," I mumble tiredly, my body exhausted from the lack of sleep. I spot all three of the boys sitting around the dinner table. The tension is prominent in the air, and I think it's easy to say that it is because of my presence. 

I shuffle to the kitchen, preparing some oatmeal for myself. I sit myself down at the dinner table, where the boys have apparently already finished their breakfast. "So what's the plan for today?" I ask them, wondering how they were planning to fill in their day. 

"Gym time in the morning, and then something fun in the afternoon." Pierre says and I just nod. "Are you joining us?"

I nod, my mouth full of oatmeal. I swallow the food, opening my mouth to answer my brother. "I do, but might go for a run outside as well." I tell them. It's my way to give Charles some space. I can tell that my being here is hurting him, and with the importance of pre-season, I think this is the best way possible right now. 

"I'll join you then." Esteban says. "I prefer running outside over indoor cardio anyway." I move the remaining oatmeal in my bowl from side to side. And when I stay quiet Esteban continues again. "If you want me, that is." 

"No, it's fine. Just a little tired." I say, finishing my breakfast. "I'll leave you to get ready? And then we can go." I say to Esteban and he nods, taking both our bowls and putting them in the dishwasher. 

It doesn't take Esteban much longer than five minutes before he returns in running clothes. "See you two soon." I say to Pierre and Charles, before the two of us leave the cabin. The cold winter air making me doubt my clothing choices. Although I know that my mind will change after having run a 10K. That is if Esteban is up for a 10K too. 

"You know any routes?" Esteban asks, closing the door behind him. The two of us walking down to the end of the driveway. 

"I googled some, there's a 5KM one or a 10KM one that we can do." 

"I take it you'd like the 10K one, don't you?" He asks, looking at me with raised eyebrows. I slowly nod. 

"But only if you're okay with it. I can go and do another five on the treadmill." I say, making sure my laces are tied properly. The ice and snow already make it more tricky to run, but I refuse to let my laces cause me to fall. 

"No, the ten is fine. We might just have to add a bit more walking sequences than you are used to." He says and I agree. Taking it a bit slower than I would usually do might also be good for me. "Lead the way, Lie." Esteban says once my laces are tied properly and we start jogging together. 

For the most part, Esteban kept up pretty well. I did have to add a few more walking sections than I'd usually do, but all in all it was a nice morning run. The scenery in Val-d'Isere is beautiful, which made me appreciate the walking a bit more. I had time to look around the snow covered mountains and buildings. The locals who are trying to get everything ready for the day ahead, everyone very comfortable to their surroundings. And then there are Esteban and I, who clearly do not belong here. 

Who else would be crazy enough to go running in the snow? 

We jog the final part back to the cabin, that needless to say is more a villa than a cabin. My toes are hurting from the cold they've been exposed to for the past 45 minutes, my hands freezing cold too. Even though they were covered up with my very warm gloves, the cold still managed to get to them. The two of us go straight to the gym, where I notice Pierre and Charles are doing something involving way too much weights for day one. 

Esteban and I say a quick hello to both of them, before we start stretching. I can feel my muscles relaxing a bit more after every stretch. They're clearly very tense after yesterday. My swim did do me good yesterday, but I don't usually swim that much. So when I woke up this morning, my body definitely told me that I should be doing that a bit more often. 

I grab a yoga mat, going to stretching immediately, to finish off the run. I then do different stabilisation exercises for my knee. Stability is something I struggle with since the injury, and I like to incorporate it to what ever work out I'm doing. Especially if it involves a lot of running. After that I join the three boys with weighted exercises, although mine are more bodyweight focussed than theirs. 

There's a bit of chatting, while we all do our different programmes. However, Charles and I seem to avoid each others words very easily. The both of us just making comments at Pierre and Esteban, rather than at each other. And I must say, it does help to improve the atmosphere in our little group. 

After we've all finished our workouts we heat up the hot tub, situated outside. Before all hopping in, our bodies aching for the bit of relieve it'll offer. "So you're just not going to talk to each other for the rest of this trip?" Pierre asks, pointing at Charles and I, who accidentally ended up sitting next to each other. We were doing so well, and now P has to go and screw things up. 

"Looks like it, doesn't it?" I snap, all three boys looking at me. At least I'm worth a look again. 

"Geez, Amelie. Calm down. I didn't mean to make you angry." Pierre says calmly, sincerity evident in his voice. 

"Yeah well you did. Can't you see I'm trying here." Right here in this moment, it feels like Esteban and Charles aren't even here. "I'm trying to prove myself, trying to show that I'm not only that terrible person I made everyone believe I was." 

"Lie, relax." Pierre interrupts, but I'm far from relaxing. 

"It hurt me too, okay? It hurt me so much. But it had to be done. I'm not proud of the way I did it, but we couldn't stay together anymore." I tell him, climbing out of the hot tub in the process. I grab my towel and robe, wrapping it around my body and making my way to my bathroom. A warm shower will do the task just as well as the hot tub would've. 

Or maybe, just maybe, I could go for another run. 

The idea sounds appealing, but I'm quick to push the thought to the back of my mind. One of the boys will notice, and will definitely not agree with my plan of running for at least another hour. 

I get into the shower, letting the hot beams of water hit my body. It feels soothing, especially as I'm all alone for a bit now. 

I dry myself off, getting into a pair of sports leggings and a sweater, uncertain of the plans for this afternoon and evening. But if I have to, I'll change again. I tie my hair up in a bun on top of my head, before walking out of my bathroom. 

I immediately spot one of the boys sitting on my bed. "I think it's about time we talk." 

-------------------------------

This chapter is a little later than I had hoped. But I kinda went through a lot today. I have been struggling with my anxiety a lot recently, and it kind of reached its limits again today. Also I had to go to the hospital with my boyfriend for some examinations, so I'm hoping everything will be okay. I did manage to write this chapter though, I hope you liked it. Please vote and comment as that definitely makes my day a bit better.