Phase 10: Differing Perception

Bunk Room 3-2, Level 3, Block 4, Citadel Military Base, City of Aprilius One, PLANTs, 9 February CE 71, 1320 hrs

Upon stepping into her squad's bunk room, most of her fellow squad mates eye Flay in distrust. Uncomfortable by their stare, the red-haired Natural looks at her fellow squad mates. Upon seeing Flay looking at them, they turn their face around to avoid her. Hence, Flay can tell they not only resent her for joining ZAFT, she is not welcome here to be part of their squad.

Flay enters the ladies' sleeping quarters of the bunk room to put down her belongings. Then she takes her military items from the duffel bag and places them into a military locker designated for her. As she takes out the military items, five ZAFT instructors enter the room, intending to assemble the squad. "1st Squad of the 4th Platoon. Assembly immediately!" One of the ZAFT instructors shouts his command.

Quickly, everyone in the room, including Flay, stops whatever they are doing and rushes to the main quarter of the bunk room for assembly. "Good afternoon ZAFT recruits, I'm 1st-Class Petty Officer Filip Vilhelm. Alternatively, you can call me Master Seargent Vilhelm. The other four instructors beside me were 2nd-Class Petty Officer Thomas Manuel, Arthur Karsten, Reena Inderjeet, and Hana Min-Su." Filip introduces him and the other instructors to the rest of the squad. "I will be your Platoon Commander for the entire 4th Platoon. As for your Squad Commander, 2nd-Class Petty Officer Min-Su will be in charge. Hence, she will manage all affairs related to this squad over the next eight weeks. Please look for her first to address any issue before looking for other instructors or me. I will now pass on to your Squad Commander, who will brief you on further instructions." .

2nd-Class Petty Officer Min-Su then nods and takes over to brief her squad as 1st-Class Petty Officer Vilhelm leaves the bunk room with the other three ZAFT instructors following him. Soon, she turns around to face her squad before briefing them. "Listen up, 1st Squad!" Hana begins her speech with a stern voice. "Now, I'm going to brief you on the basic rules you must adhere to during these eight weeks. First, please address me as 2nd-Class Petty Officer Min-Su or Seargent Min-Su. Second, today is your first day in the ZAFT forces, so you are no longer a civilian. Hence, you cannot simply do things without requesting permission. Therefore, every single one of you must request permission from me before doing any activities. This includes reporting sick as well." .

Hana then looks at Flay before addressing the rest of her squad, regarding the red-haired Natural. "Fourth, I know all of you may not be happy to see a Natural joining this squad to undergo the same military as you. However, the Supreme Council approved this Natural to undergo military training as a full-time ZAFT soldier, so all of you have to suck it up and accept her as a fellow ZAFT soldier. Is that clear?" All the ZAFT recruits except Flay reply with a 'yes sergeant' upon hearing her order. "Good. Now I'm going to give all of you your new callsign name. All of you will use this callsign name during battles and military operations, so please remember it." Hana says before announcing their callsigns. "Recruit Allster. Chief Petty Officer Eros informed me about your callsign. So yours is 'Witch'. As for the rest of the ladies, Recruit Marzia, your callsign is 'Queen'. Recruit Oonagh, your callsign is 'Cloverleaf'. Recruit Mizuki, your callsign is 'Miko'. Recruit Osanne, your callsign is 'Eiffel'." .

Hana takes a moment to regain her breath before revealing the other identification for the guys in her team. "As for the men, Recruit Qing, your callsign is 'Lion'. Recruit Oliwer, your callsign is 'Spacehound'. Recruit Gösta, your callsign is 'Hammer'. Recruit Bhaltair, your callsign is 'Scotsman". Recruit Matthias, your callsign is 'Magnus'." With all the callsign names given to her squad members, 2nd-Class Petty Officer Min-Su issues her some instructions before she dismisses her squad; "From now on, Recruit Marzia will be the leader of this squad, so every order comes from me will go to her. She will be the one to convey my instructions and orders to all of you, so please cooperate with her." Hana orders. "For the bunk room to be in an orderly fashion, here's a list of the guidelines on tidying and re-arranging the bunk room according to ZAFT's standard. I will pass on later to Recruit Marzia, so please seek the list from her." Hana waves at the list of papers in front of her squad.