one

∞

"this dress doesn't make me look fat, right?", Kyla asked worriedly, scanning her body in the full length mirror in front of her that she and Tara shared in their shared dorm room.

Tara sighed, walking over to her friend from her side of the room, saying, "you look absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous, Kai, okay? stop worrying so much."

"i know! just kinda unsure if anyone would think i look hot or whatever.", Kyla admitted, twirling from side to side to see the full outfit from different angles. Tara snickered, a teasing smirk on her lips, "ooh, looking for someone to hit up with later?"

"mm, maybe? i mean, i'm pretty tired of being single all the time."

"how the fuck is your pretty face still single?"

"when i like someone, they don't like me back; when someone likes me, i don't like them back."

"hmm, good point there."

a knock came from their door and the two jumped, Tara hiding behind Kyla incase it was her older sister, Sam. thankfully, it was just Abby.

Abigale Hicks, also known as the mini version of Gale Weathers, Judy Hicks and the famous ghostface - Stu Macher. i mean, she is his daughter after all.

the blonde girl smiled, poking her head in and holding up a pocket knife that was kept in a small black leather sheath. "hey, don't forget to bring this.", Abby said, tossing it to the smaller girl who caught it perfectly, "thanks, Bee."

"seriously?", Tara asked Kyla and Abby.

Abby clicked her tongue, "just in case of another emergency or creep. i'll be chilling in my room, so, i will see you ladies later."

"bye, Abby.", Tara waved as the older girl left and shut the door. "i thought it was Sam until i remembered she's at her therapist."

"shouldn't you be seeing one?", Kyla asked her best friend with concern. Tara scoffed, "uh, yeah, but i choose not to. you?"

"i finished a few sessions but my parents said that it's getting pretty expensive so they had me stop."

later on, the two made it to the fraternity party that their schoolmate – Frankie "the creep" – was holding in his house.

while Tara was off being the social butterfly she is and drinking, Kyla was staying by herself near a group of popular girls dancing and laughing as they were taking shots.

Kyla loved parties, and she loved the popular life – but that was back when she was in high school, in Woodsboro and San Francisco. ever since she, Tara, Mindy and Chad got into college, she focused more on her studies instead of her social status which was hurting her inner sixteen year old.