Chapter 47

The tour is in full swing, and two weeks have passed since the London show. They played in Liverpool, and then Dublin, and now they are in Amsterdam.

The Upside Downs popularity skyrocketed after the London show. The group, mainly Mike, started getting all kinds of calls for deals and sponsorships. The guys were on the front of all kinds of magazines in The U.K.

Even though the group is super busy all the time, they still make time for Steve, El, and Max. The boys have to occasionally cancel plans with them, but Steve and the girls completely understand.

The group is currently in a hotel room hanging out. The show isn't until tomorrow night, so they are making plans for tonight.

Max and Dustin are both talking about the restaurants they have heard so much about, and how they should eat there tonight.

Of course their opinions differ, so the discussion turns into a full blown argument in a matter of seconds. Mike watches their bickering with a smile.

Mike continues to listen to the two of them argue until he feels his phone buzzing in his pocket.

Mike gets up from his seat beside El and walks outside into the hallway.

"Hello?" Mike speaks.

"What's up kid?" Owens asks him.

"Nothing much. Me and the guys are just hanging out in the hotel." Mike tells him.

"Oh ok."

"So what's up?" Mike asks him, not trying to be rude, but he wants to know why he's calling.

"So there's a couple of interviewers asking for you tonight." Owens tells him.

"Oh okay. I'll tell the guys; they'll be excited about it."

"That's the thing kid... they only want you." Owens explains to him.

A looks of confusion overtakes Mike's features,
"What? Why?"

"I don't know, they only asked for you."

"We're a band, they should want all of us." Mike tells him.

"I know... I told them the same thing." Owens says.

"I don't know about this Owens..."

"Of course you don't have to do it if you don't want. Either way is fine with me."

"Can I think about it first? I'll call you back later."

"Of course kid... just let me know something soon."

"Yes sir." Mike says and hangs up the phone. He sighs, puts his phone in his pocket, and walks back into the room. The six of them look at him expectingly.

"What was that all about?" Lucas asks.

"Oh umm... it was Owens."

"What did he want?"

They notice the look on Mike's face. Something is clearly bothering him.

"He said that some interviewers want to talk to me tonight." Mike tells them.

The rest of the guys have puzzled looks on their faces, "What about us?" Dustin asks.

"They only asked for me."

Steve cuts in, "Well are you gonna do it?"

Mike shrugs again, "Probably not."

"Why not?" Will asks.

"We're a band... I'm not a solo artist. They should be asking for all of us."

El's heart warms at his selflessness.