Chapter VII

A/N: Hey y'all! For starters, this is NOT an April Fool's joke lol. Anyway... it's almost midnight for me and some things changed, thus leading me on deciding to plow through this fic and post what's left ahead of schedule. Expect the final chappie sometime tomorrow. 

Hope you all enjoy, my lovelies! <3

Date Updated: 4/1/23

~ ////////////////// * AR * //////////////////////////// ~

Eagle's sister had actually been more than willing to help them out. Although she did sound just a tad bit irritated at having her weekend be interrupted, Maddie agreed to call up a priest that owed her a few favors. The elder Emerson sibling promised she'd be there as soon as possible.

As promised, Maddie arrived to their camp in her familiar navy blue Civic just past noon. A man the unit didn't recognize, but assumed was the priest by his garbs, climbed out of the car right after. Though aged in his late forties to early fifties, the looks of his features gave way that he most likely came from the same Hispanic decent as Wolf. He was about six feet tall and had a charming, calming aura about him that reflected in his dark brown eyes. The man greeted the unit with a dazzling white smile as walked with Maddie to meet everyone.

"Hey guys!" The olive skinned, amber haired woman greeted, giving them all hugs. Her hazel eyes, much like her brother's, always held a spark of life to them. After smothering the youngest in a motherly bear hug, she pulled the teen to her side and asked, "Have these bozos been treating you okay? I don't need to whip anyone into shape, do I?"

They ignored the indigent protests from the grown men behind Cub. Alex smiled at the image of Maddie's lithe frame kicking four ripped SAS soldiers asses. Well, it'd be funny for him. Not so much the guys. Maddie was nothing if not fierce.

"No, they've been fine." Alex answered sweetly. Cub always took advantage of Maddie's favoritism towards him.

"Good to know." Maddie said, patting his head gently and eyeing the guys in forewarning, to which they gulped and gave a brief nod in understanding. She then turned to the man standing politely beside her. "Basil; this is Wolf, Snake, Fox, Eagle and that doting little cutie is Cub. Due to their jobs, they have to go by their code names."

"I understand." The priest smiled in compliance and shook hands with the unit. "Father Basilio Àlvarez." The priest introduced, his accent soft and warm. "I hear you have a spirit problem?"

The unit then divulged into the details of what's been happening. It was mainly Snake, Fox and Alex that explained everything, since they were the only one's to come into contact with the spirit directly. The priest had nodded respectfully when they finished their tales.

"I see." The man muttered thoughtfully while stroking his goatee. "I think I know what we're dealing with now. Shall we go exorcise this entity?"

All he got was nervous or pent up nods all around.

{ * AR * }

It was raining by the time they worked their way across the woods to the spot Sam and Ben had mentioned earlier. Dark clouds had mysteriously developed not long after they departed camp with ghost killing techniques on their minds. Alex couldn't help but feel a little anxious. Was this a sign shit was about to hit the fan? He hoped not.

Leading the way were Snake and Fox, their wolven frames following the fading scent trail at a brisk trot. It was a little hard to keep up with them, considering the ground was starting to become more and more slick with mud by the minute, but they dutifully managed. Alex, Maddie and Father Basilio were in the middle of the group. The priest had, although a little intimidated at first, quickly accepted the unit's true identities. It would be impossible anyway after coming face to face with a creature that had only ever been known to live through stories and folklore. (Though Alex suspected his acceptance could have been more to do with the sudden death glare Maddie shot in his direction after the guys had told him.) Bringing up the rear, were Wolf and Eagle. No doubt the two of them were on high alert and ready to defend the group from any sudden attacks that might spring up. They hadn't noticed anything thus far. Alex prayed it would continue to stay that way.