Molding the Mental Image(Part 2)

Classes are over at last!!! Aside from the chat with Omori, today was uneventful, I'm glad that it has come to an end. Fetching my backpack, I leave the room along Ren and Tatsuo. We stroll through the long corridors packed with students, heading to the entrance of the building. The two of them are talking enthusiastically about a new horror movie that will come out in three months, it seems that they are both big fans of one of the actresses who will star in the movie. I content myself with just listening to them. As we are leaving the building, I force myself into the middle of the conversation.

-Gotta pull a jolt move on you guys. I can't leave with you two today.

-How so and why?

-Yeah! What are you babbling now? Could this by any chance be interpreted as meaning that you're not enjoying our company? How can you insinuate it so cruelly, Ikuto?

Tatsuo grabs my shirt as his moist eyes flutter, small tears welling up in them.

-I'm not implying anything, I just have an appointment! Man, dont be a drama queen.

-Appointment?

The two doofuses speak at the same time in puzzlement. Not even three seconds later, their confused expressions dissipate and mischievous smiles bloom on their faces. Uwoh, this can't be good.

-A appointment huh? Sounds a little suspicious. Who is the person you're meeting up? A girl perchance?

My face turns a little red because of the precision of Tatsuo's kick.

Why is he so good at getting it right when it comes to women? If only he was like that for other affairs, my life would be much more easygoing.

As they saw the plain state of unrestness I'm in, both of them let out a hearty chuckle.

-Naughty boy, getting a girlfriend before we do, eh, you big stud! Who's the lucky girl?

-Stop making baseless assumptions like that! It's just that I accidentally took Omori's notebook and only now I reminded myself to give it back.

-Hoh, you can't fool a love expert.

-Since when a dumbass like you is knowledgeable at love? I'm also telling the truth!

-You don't have to be shy and hide it from us, man.

-We understand, and isn't that a good thing too? You're going to be alone with the girl you have a big crush on, a chance like that falls upon a man once in a lifetime, so don't waste it.

I lower my head and take a deep breath, suppressing my impulse to slap them on the back of the head. These two won't listen to me, so I don't think trying to give an explanation would do any good.

Still, it is heartwarming to see how much they support me, we're like brothers that will always have each other's back and I truly love and prize our long time bond.

-I want to hear all the details later, okay? You won't escape.

-What are you? A little girl wanting to know the latest gossip?

-Keep in mind to take a condom with you, Ikuto. Protection is important, I also believe that you're not too fond of the idea of becoming a father so early. Then, see you later!

-Just shut those mouths off and go, you numbskulls!

Without paying any attention to my insult, the two nod to me and leave the school. I go straight towards the gate and lean against the wall beside it. Ren's words stick in my head like glue.

I'll be staying alone with Omori and on top of that I'm heading over to her house.

Darn it! Why does my heart insist on beating so fast? I shouldn't feel this way just because I will be alone with a girl! I am no longer in elementary school nor in junior high where these childish reactions are common, I am in my last year of high school! Nearly a grown man now!