Ch 20. 50s Dance 🕺💃

Stefan pushed open the heavy wooden doors of the library, the sound of books hitting the floor echoing in the silence

Stefan pushed open the heavy wooden doors of the library, the sound of books hitting the floor echoing in the silence. His eyes flickered around the room, taking in the scattered mess that lay before him. The wooden shelves that had once housed an impressive collection of literature had been ransacked, books were strewn haphazardly across the floor.

As he stepped further into the room, his gaze landed on Damon, who was flipping through a book, tossing it aside without a care. The younger vampire's eyes narrowed as he took in his brother's careless attitude.

"What are you lookin' for, Damon?" Stefan's voice was cold, his gaze unwavering as he watched his brother continue to search through the shelves.

"Not your concern," the blue-eyed Salvatore replied, his tone dismissive as he continued his quest.

Stefan took a step closer, his anger building. "No, but putting people in harm's way, that is my concern."

Damon finally looked up from his pursuit, his eyes locking onto Stefan's. "Hm-hm. What are you talking about?"

The green-eyed vampire took a deep breath, his eyes flickering to the scattered books around them. "I'm talking about Caroline," he said, his voice low and dangerous.

Damon froze, his eyes darting up to meet Stefan's. "Blondie is none of your concern, Stefan. You should focus on your Katherine replacement."

Stefan gritted his teeth, knowing that Damon was deliberately trying to rile him up, his grip tightening on the edge of a nearby bookshelf. "I get it. You're just bitter because one of us gets to be with the person that we love, and poor Katherine is just out of reach. Unless there's another way for you to get into that tomb. Is that what Bree said?"

Damon's eyes narrowed, his expression turning cold. "You're pathetic when you're fishing."

Stefan's jaw clenched as he fought to control his anger. "And you're transparent when you're deflecting."

Damon shrugged, grabbing another book off the shelf. "Don't you have school?"

The younger vampire turned on his heel, his steps echoing through the silent library as he made his way to the door. He glanced back, his eyes meeting Damon's. For a moment, they locked in a silent battle of wills, before Stefan finally turned and left the room, the sound of Damon's searching echoing in his ears.

♤♤♤♤♤

Elena and Caroline walked across the front courtyard together, their footsteps soft against the manicured lawn. The sun was shining brightly, casting long shadows across the grass and filling the air with the warm scent of blooming flowers. Caroline couldn't help but admire the delicate necklace around her neck, a gift from Elena. It sparkled in the sunlight, the gemstones catching the light and casting rainbow shadows across Caroline's skin.