[ 19. graduation ]

| y/n's pov |

THE REST OF senior year went by very fast, and soon I was a week away from graduation. One week until I was done with college completely. Then, over the summer, we'd start at Google.

Cass and I had been packing up our dorm in our spare time, and Stuart and I had been discussing ideas of where we could live.

It was all very exciting.

"Check this one out." Stuart said over FaceTime, and a link sent through moments later. "The rent's a decent price and it's not too far from work."

I opened the link and started reading it over, glancing around at the pictures.

"Plus, I think it looks like a nice size too. Not too small, but not massive."

"You'd know a lot about things being not massive wouldn't you, Twombly." A voice came from somewhere on his side and Stuart groaned.

"Shut up, Dalton!" He groaned. "That's not funny."

"Yeah, it is." Another voice answered.

"I think it's nice." I ignored Stuart's friends as they went back to yelling about whatever game they were playing. "Honestly, it's perfect."

"You think so?"

"Definitely, yeah." I scrolled through the images more. "It's great."

"Aww, is Stuart finally becoming a real grown-up?" A guy with light brown, almost red, hair appeared in frame, plopping himself onto Stuart's bed beside him. He took the phone from Stuart.

"Hey--"

"Hi, Y/N. I'm Dalton."

"Hey?"

"Dalton, give me the phone." Stuart reached for it, but Dalton stood up. Dalton held the phone above his head, and I got a perfect view of Stuart reaching for the phone.

"Your boyfriend's really short." Dalton spoke to me, wrapping an arm around Stuart.

"Can you give him the phone back, please?" I asked.

"Sure. Nice seeing you, Y/N." Dalton waved into the camera as Stuart snatched his phone away.

We spent maybe two more days looking at apartments before we officially decided on that one.

Then, all that was left was to actually graduate and move in.

---

"YOU HAVEN'T EVEN known him for a year." Cassidy stated when I told her about it.

"It's been almost a year, Cass. We met in June, it's May."

"You've been dating--"

"Since July, Cass. Which is also almost a year." I shook my head in amusement. "I still don't get why you don't like him."

"Because it's fun." She smiled smoothing out her hair in the mirror. We were dressed in our robes all ready to graduate. It was funny, because it felt like I had only just finished high school, yet here I was.

"Okay, whatev-- Shit." I took a quick glance at the clock that hung in the dorm. "The ceremony starts in half an hour."

"You guys ready?" A voice came from outside our door with a knock.

"Yeah, Charlie. You can come in." Cass responded and he walked in wearing his own emerald robe and cap.

"Hey." He greeted and Cass gave him a hug.