Cast + Epigraph

Daniel Sharman as Ser Maxian Strong

"I will do what my brother asked of me

"I will do what my brother asked of me. As his dying wish I will serve you, Rheanrya Targaryen."

~

Patrick Gibson as Reagon Targaryen

"You were meant for greater things

"You were meant for greater things. I was not."

~

Adelaide Kane as Dahlia Baratheon

"The Council will have our heads when they learn this

"The Council will have our heads when they learn this."

~

other oc's as mentioned

~

the hotd cast as their represented characters

SER MAXIAN STRONG or the Bastard Strong as his father called him. His father loved to blame the boy for his not-so-secret affairs at the town brothel.

Lord Lyonel Strong did not take the blame even after the whore he bed pleaded for her son to be raised alongside himself and given his name. She had given her life to be sure that her baby boy would grow up strong and be given everything there was to offer.

The only one who took kindly to the bastard boy was his older brother, Ser Harwin Strong. Harwin trained with his brother day and night from a young age. He never saw the young boy as anyone other than his little brother, no matter the number of passersby who would gawk and stare.

Ser Harwin had promised his father that Maxian would make a great knight of the City Watch. It was, after all, the only way to keep the boy from being disowned when he came of age.

To remove the bastard from his sightline, Lord Lyonel ignored the words of his son and sent Maxian to be fostered on Driftmark at the age of ten. He would serve as a companion to the fatherless Targaryen boy, Reagon, eldest son to Rheanys, The Queen Who Never Was.

Maxian and the Targaryen boy would proceed to grow up together and grow particularly fond of one another. They would develop something that would exceed friendship. After a disaster of a wedding, Maxian would then leave Driftmark and join his brother among the ranks of the City Watch. It was only there where he would truly feel sorrow.

~

LORD REAGON TARGARYEN never knew his real father. The man died when Reagon was only a boy. The Sea Snake Lord Corlys Velaryon became his true father, raising the boy like one of his own alongside his true-born children.

Reagon was raised like a true Velaryon. Although he bore the Targaryen name and enjoyed jousting, reading, and sailing. There was nothing he loved more than soaring the skies on top of his fiery orange dragon, Daybreak the Dawn. He would soar with the rising sun and often get scolded by his mother, Rhaenys.

The kingdom would argue that Reagon belonged on the iron throne, following his mother whose birthright had been swiped from her because of her gender. Although he was enraged by his mother's stolen claim, he preferred to live his life as it was. Whether that be, flying with his mother on dragon back, sailing the seas with his father, or occupying his free time with a particular strong boy. 

~

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of House of the Dragon. All rights got to GRRM and the respective directors/writers. I do, however, own the plots of any original characters written by me.

CONTENT WARNING: This story will contain sensitive subjects such as gore, violence, character death, and possibly more. Read at your own risk! I will do my best to put content warnings at the beginning of each chapter.

I hope you all enjoy the story! Feel free to vote and leave comments :)