Chapter 8

I gulped. "Well...you two could come back to the Ravenclaw common room...there's a spare dorm that often doesn't get used as it's near the top of the tower and makes creaking noises at night but...I know a way to get in without being spotted. I'd probably have to stay with you of course, so that if anyone spots you I can explain that I let you in..." 

The two for what seemed like the millionth time today gave me a blank look. "So...we are literally going to have a sleepover in the Ravenclaw dorms?" Ominis asked, clarifying what I had just said. My face once again on fire, I nodded. 

"I think it makes the most sense, we wouldn't get in trouble, we'd be in from the cold so none of us get sick, and this way if any of us get nightmares, the others are around to help...Look I know it's not a great solution but-" 

"Not at all! I've always wanted to see other common rooms! Merlin's beard this is so exciting! How on earth can you get us in though? Is there another way besides the door?" I covered Sebastian's mouth with my hand.

 "Yes, I can get you in, No, this does not give you an excuse to come in whenever you want, the only reason we can now is because it's holidays, and yes, you can look around as long as the other Ravenclaws don't mind. Now hold on to your excitement ok? It's just a common room." 

 He nodded, but I could feel the grin under my hand waiting to ask more questions. "We won't get in trouble will we?" Ominis asked. "Honestly? I think we'd get in more trouble if the professors found out we'd camped out in the forbidden forest." 

"Good point." I got to my feet, calling my broom. "Right, I can get you two in, but you need to be quiet until I make sure things are alright, ok?" The boys both nodded in understanding. "Right, Ominis, I'm going to use my scarf to tie your broom to mine ok? So you don't fly away randomly." He beamed at me, nodding. "Let's go then!"

The flight to Ravenclaw tower was short but cold, I needed to make sure I didn't turn too quickly as to not lose Ominis. We landed in the courtyard on the Ravenclaw dorm's roof, the stone a bit slippery due to the ice. 

"Woah!" As I slipped, Sebastian caught me. "Nice of you to fall for me." He said smugly. "Shut up." I blushed, knowing that he was joking. "Where on earth are we? I've never been to this part of the castle." Ominis asked. 

"This is Ravenclaw tower, so I don't imagine you ever would have. Come on, let's get in from the cold." I led the boys to the door to the stairs, leading them into the warmth of the common room. 

Surprisingly, it was empty except for Sam and Amit, who looked up at me in surprise as I walked down. I motioned for Sebastian and Ominis to wait on the stairs. "How long have you been up there?? We thought you weren't coming back!" Amit exclaimed, laughter in his voice. 

 He was browsing a book on astronomy as usual. "Where is everyone? I thought more of us were here over the Christmas break?" "A couple of people got picked up late, so the few of us that were still here are now back at home. Looks like it's just the three of us." Sam shrugged.

 I pondered for a moment. "Can you two keep a secret?" Both of them looked at me in confusion. "Sure...?" Amit said, and Sam nodded. "We were out until a little bit ago, looking for potion ingredients." "Really?! Wait, who's we?" 

I motioned for Sebastian and Ominis to come down. Amit and Sam gasped, but didn't seem to say much else. "Hey, nice common room you guys have here." Sebastian tried, but the others didn't really seem to get his humour. 

"I'm sorry, but this was the best solution I could think of. I didn't really feel like camping out or getting in trouble." Coming to their senses, Amit and Sam shrugged. "As long as you two don't make a mess, you're fine with me." Sam pulled me aside, whispering excitedly.