chapter twenty

2021

2021

"Lloyd I have him on fourth avenue." I said. Lloyd nodded and directed everyone in the room to go there.

"Get it there before I beat you to death with that tv on the wall."

I heard little footsteps. Lloyd looked over and saw our son running to me. I picked him up.

"Sorry." I whispered as I brought him out of the room.

"Maxie.. you can't go in there." I whispered. He giggled.

"Baba." He said.

"Okay. Let's go get a baba."

Lloyd was very on edge. And our child wasn't helping him.

"I need a goddamn Vicodin." Lloyd said as he came into the kitchen. Max whimpered.

"Hey. Calm down."

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down."

I gave him a stern look as his son started crying.

"Clean up your act right the fuck now." I said as I poured some milk for my son. He just continued staring.

"I'm kidnapping fitzroys niece right now, so she's staying in your old room."

I gave him a look. "Lloyd! If you had just gone the route that I said we wouldn't have to do this. Let me talk to fitz and then talk to six."

"You don't make the decisions on these things."

"I know I don't. But you're irrational. So I have to."

Max started sobbing. I sighed and tried to shut the bottle with one hand.

"Okay. Here." Lloyd said as he took max, bouncing him. Max rested his head on his dads shoulder.

I hadn't gotten any sleep because our child couldn't sleep. I ended up having him fall asleep on my chest every night and waking up every hour.

I finished closing the bottle and took max back. I tried not to cry from how stressed out I was.

"Cammie."

"Don't." I said. "When is the girl gonna be here."

"An hour. Then I'm finding Fitzroy."