Ch 9 |•| The one with the scary brothers?

"What are you doing here?" Clara asked making Keenan give her an awkward smile.

"Well erm I go to school here."

"Oh right,"

"What are you doing here?"

"Well I uhm I also go to school here, todays my first day." She replied as she rolled back on her heels. Keenan nodded before looking behind her where Carolina stood.

"You're Carolina right? I think we have maths together." He said making the girl light up slightly as she nodded.

She gave him a big smile as she stepped forward slightly. "Yeah we do." She said as Keenan returned her smile.

"Here come meet my friends." He said as he grabbed Clara's hand dragging her towards a group of people with Carolina close behind. "Guys this is the girl I told you about." He said making Clara perk up.

He spoke about her? But their meeting was so vague surely he didn't have much to say.

"The one with the scary brothers?" A girl asked making Keenan nod. At that the girl lit up as she jumped up from her seat and made her way towards Carolina and Clara. "Finally other girls." She all but squealed. "I've been stuck with these idiots for far too long." At that a paper ball came flying at her head making her turn to glare at a dark skin boy who just gave her a sheepish smile. She rolled her eyes before turning back to the girls who watched her in amusement. "Oh right! My names Amelia." She said with a soft smile.

"I'm Carolina," Carolina said pointing at herself before everyone turned to look at Clara expectantly.

"Oh erm I'm Clara." Amelia smiled at her before stepping aside and letting her see the other two boys who sat in the beanbags behind them.

"That's Bruno and Lucio." She said pointing at the boys who threw their hands up in greeting. "Come sit." She said pointing at the other beanbags.

Clara glanced at Carolina hesitantly before both girls made their ways to the beanbags.

"You said it's your first day right?" Bruno said making conversation.

"Oh erm yes." Clara replied awkwardly. She wasn't very good at talking to people her age.

"How are you liking it so far?" Lucio continued as they angled their bodies towards her.

"Oh erm it's nice. It's a very nice school." She replied politely making the boys scoff.

"This school is far from nice."

"Yeah especially Mrs Mariano, she's so mean to me and I honest to god still don't know why." He said with a dramatic sigh.

"Didn't you put a frog in her desk last semester?" Amelia said raising an eyebrow making Lucio give her a sheepish smile.

"Ok maybe I do know why." He said making the group laugh.

"Anyways Clara where did you live before?" Keenan asked making her turn to him.

"Oh erm I lived in Arizona."

"America?" Lucio said cocking his head to the side. "I figured. You talk funny." He said making Clara scrunch her face up.

"I don't talk funny." She replied making Lucio laugh.

"i dONt tAlK FUnNy," He mocked putting on a horrid American accent. Clara stared at him in disgust before she put her hand up.

"That was the worst accent I've ever heard."

"Leave her alone Lucio." Bruno said throwing a paper ball at the boy.

"Where are you getting these from?" He said throwing the ball back at Bruno who only shrugged at him.