Thirty - One: Love Me After Hours

*A bit unedited*

"So, you're telling me, a random ass cheerleader gave this to you? And you have no idea where she got it from?"

Tsireya nods, chewing on the small piece of chocolate, "She's the same one who gave me the blunt last time."

Lo'ak perks his eyebrows, nodding to himself as he finishes his piece of chocolate, gazing out to the forest on the branch they're sitting on. They've been here for a while now, taking small bites of their piece of edible, embracing the sight of the forest and stars along the sky. 

Peaceful.

As though time never really phased that quickly. 

Not a surprise whenever they're together.

"It's so quiet tonight," Lo'ak suddenly whispers, feeling his body relax.

Tsireya sighs heavily with a small smile, "Yeah it is," She whispers back, her legs dangling on the branch as she looks down for a moment with a frown, "I uh... I want to apologize."

"Tsireya-"

"No really, I want to apologize," She says back firmly, looking at him now, "I'm just.... Look, it's not easy always having to hear negative narratives about my brother. He can be a good guy, and has good intentions. So, it just pisses me off whenever I hear people targeting him, especially you."

A frown edges Lo'ak's lips, listening to Tsireya while playing with his fingers, unsure what to say, but Tsireya suddenly shrugs and shakes her head, "But I put our friendship on the line and honestly.... I hate fighting with you."

"Me too," Lo'ak scoots closer beside her, taking her hand gently in his, "I'm sorry, it's just when it involves my brother or even Kiri, it really riles me up when they go through a tough time. I don't want you to think I always see your brother as the enemy, but -there's just a lot of misunderstandings. I spoke to Neteyam though, got a lot of shit cleared up, so now... I feel like I get it. But I hope this would be the last time we fight in correlations to them."

Tsireya agreed, looking down to their hands and interlaces them, laying her head on his shoulder, "Do you see the world spinning yet?"

"Not with indica," Lo'ak snorts, laying his cheek on her head, "It makes me sleepy more than anything."

"Maybe I should've told her to give me hybrid."

"Nah you're fine, it's late either way and I need a good sleep."

The two giggle quietly, the tension around them slowly easing away as they fall into their own bubble of tranquility. They stayed like this, embracing the tender night with the gentle caresses of the wind, finding this ease with nature while the world rotates slowly.

Letting the effects trinkle their senses slowly.

Before Tsireya turns her head and pecks Lo'ak's cheek, closing her eyes as she rests back to his shoulder, "The world is spinning for me."

"I got you don't worry," Lo'ak assures her gently, gently wrapping an arm around her waist as support, rubbing her skin, "Did you drink a lot?"

"A little," Tsireya yawns, "Ao'nung went off though."

Taking this into mind, Lo'ak made a mental note to make sure to accompany her to make sure she gets to her dorm safetly, "We should go, you need to rest."

Tsireya didn't respond, so Lo'ak looks at her to see her with her eyes closed. Not asleep, but clearly out of it. He stares at her face for a moment, drinking every inch of her face with his heart pounding fast in his chest, unable to help the soft smile from edging his lips.