Cotton Candy Skies And Honey Blue Eyes

It was our 1 year anniversary and I wanted to do something special for my girlfriend. So I went to our favorite park.

I laid down a gorgeous blue blanket. I then began to unpack the light brown picnic basket I bought with my allowance. There were clear plastic forks, paper plates, napkins, strawberry cake, grapes, sandwiches, and Baked Lays chips.(her favorite)

After I finished laying out everything, I sent her a message:

Me: Hey baby! I have a special surprise for you. Meet me at our favorite park.

While I waited for her to respond, I walked around the park trying to find lilacs to decorate the blanket with.

I didn't find any lilacs, but I ended up finding a few sunflowers and a dandelion.

I went back to the picnic spot which was under a stretching tree. I could hear the sound of squirrels squeaking and running.

The wind whispered, lifting up the side of the blanket.

After I laid out the flowers I felt my phone buzz in my left pocket.

S/O or C/N: What are you up to now, babe? Okay let me get ready and I'm on my way!💋

Me: Okay bebes. Hurry! And be careful.

She had just turned 16 a couple of months ago and got a new car. Of course since I'm 15, I still have to ride my skateboard everywhere.

I sat down on the blanket and took a grape off the plate. Maybe I should have texted her BEFORE I set everything up.

About 10 minutes later, I hear What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction.

I see her walk out of the green car in a yellow sundress. Her black hair was French braided on both sides.

She walked down the steps and looked around until she saw me. A wide smile spread across her soft lips.

She ran to me and jumped in my arms. I gave her a small peck on the lips before putting her down.

"Ta da!", I said pointing to the picnic spot.

"Aww! Thanks baby! It's so pretty!"

I motioned for her to sit down.

I handed her a ham and cheese sandwich and gave her a bottle of water.

I took my own baloney sandwich and diet dr. Pepper.

The day was better than I had hoped.

We spent most of the time eating and looking at the sky that resembled fresh cotton candy.

The times that we weren't doing that, we were riding around on my skateboard, tackling each other, and swinging.

She could be doing anything and I would just get lost in her honey blue eyes.

She drove me home that night.

"Thank you for the anniversary gift, y/n. It was really sweet."

"Thank you, love. I tried really hard to make a wonderful gift for you."

"That's pretty hard to do when I already have the best gift a girl could get."

I was confused.

"What's that?"

She took a minute before answering, staring right in my eyes.

"You."

I blushed and kissed her on the cheek before getting out of the car.

"Love you!", I yelled as I ran up the steps with my skateboard in my hand.

"Love you more!"

And just like that she was gone.

I went to bed that night feeling like a million bucks.