Part 1

You can't win against someone who has nothing to lose is something my dad always used to tell me, and I never quite understood it until recently. My name is Valt Aoi, and this is the story of how I died. The choices leading up to that are yours. Good luck, I guess.

One question, though. How do you write a well-structured story amidst so much chaos? Answer: I have absolutely no idea, and I am just straight-up winging it, so what's new? But we live for the chaos, I guess. I just wish... it didn't have to end like this. With my death, I mean. Maybe you can change it. Or, maybe it was meant to be.

I walked out of my house and towards school. I was already late, like every other morning. I walked with no urgency, deciding it wasn't worth the rush. I stopped when a dog walked over to me and sniffed my hand. I smiled, petting it, and waving at the owner.

"You have a lovely dog." I told her and the girl smiled at me.

"Thank you. He seems to like you." She pulled him away from me

"What breed is he?" I asked

"He's a Labrador. His name is Chester." She said

"He's adorable." I grinned "My name is Valt Aoi."

"Mizuki Hanamura." She bowed at me and her dog dipped his head. "It's nice to meet you, Mr Wonder Boy."

"So you know about my title?" I was surprised. Most people think I'm a sham.

"Everyone does. You're our miracle boy." She said, with such kind eyes.

"Thanks. Well, I've gotta go. See you around." I gave her one final smile

"See you around, Valt." She waved at me, and I walked off. Well, today started nicely. But, I'm even later than usual, so there's that.

When I walked through the school gates, I contemplated what excuse I would use when I saw Principal Shinoda out of the corner of my eye. He was talking to Shu. Was Shu late too? That's strange. He's usually always early. Well, I guess sleep can even take the best of us sometimes.

"Wait a second, Valt. Don't think you can sneak in without me noticing." Principal Shinoda said, and I stopped in my tracks. I forgot I had to talk to him. "Come over here."

I walked over to them and Shu let out a small chuckle. "Late as always, I see."

"Like you can comment." I murmured, pouting. "What's your excuse for being late?"

"I was taking care of errands." He told me, and and idea sparked in my mind. This could be risky, but it's a better excuse than usual. I could say I was with Shu this entire time and had to stay back to do an extra errand. I wonder whether that will backfire. I don't know what to do.

Oh, I almost forgot. I can give the choice to you guys. You can start off with a simple choice. What should I do?

1) Lie and say I was with Shu

2) Tell the truth that I didn't wake up

And just remember that your choices affect the outcome of the story. Even small ones like this. Can you change the future?