Meeting

Introducing, Kelia.

A 16 year old transgender girl, in sophmore year. She had long black hair, which she was very proud of. She's rather good at blending in, at least in her opinion. She likes it like that. Nobody to call on her, nobody bothering her. And here she is, at school, otherwise known as one of the most dangerous places on earth.

Arriving at her locker, Kelia picked out her things for first period, history class, and went to her class. Kelia didn't have anyone to talk to out in the hallway, so she just sat at her desk, waiting for the bell to ring.

Ring!

There's the bell.

Her classmates started sitting down, and they waited for the teacher to speak.

"Alright, listen up! I want you all to create a history project based on Ancient Egypt. It doesn't matter what it is, be creative! I've already picked your partners."

That was Mrs. Merai, Kelia's favorite teacher. She was a bubbly and cheerful teacher, but none of the students really liked her. She appeared too, kiddy.

"Next pair- Kelia and Misa." Mrs. Merai said. Wait- what-? Out of everyone in her class, she just had to get Misa! One of the popular girls, but more importantly, the girl she had been crushing on for YEARS.

"Alright, go talk with your partners and discuss what you'll do for the project. You'll get two weeks to finish it, which I believe is plenty of time," Mrs. Merai said.

Misa quickly ran over to Kelia's desk, clearly excited to start the project. History had always been something it seemed that Misa liked. She seemed to want to learn about everything.

"So, what would you like to do for the project?" Misa said.

"I was hoping you would have an idea."

They discussed what they were going to do. Time practically flew by while Kelia was talking to Misa.

Ring!

Ah, the bell. Kelia quickly gathered her things and headed out the door.

"Wait-! Kelia! Wait up!"

Kelia turned around and saw Misa standing behind her.

"Why'd you rush out of the room so fast?" Misa said.

"We barely have any passing time."

"Anyway, what did you stop me for?"

"I wanna eat lunch together!"

What. Was she hearing correctly? Misa wanted to eat lunch with her. The oh-so-sweet and popular Misa wanted to eat lunch with HER. She wanted to eat lunch with Kelia, the quiet, easily annoyed girl who barely talks in class.

"Wait, what?"

"So, do you wanna eat lunch? I-I mean if you don't want to, you don't have to."

"Yes!-yes, erm- I mean, sure."

"Ok, meet me at my locker after 5th!"

Misa then walked away, going to her locker.

Kelia was excited, more than excited, she was ecstatic. All she has to do now is make it through 4 more periods, and she'll get to talk with Misa again!

The rest of her classes were boring, all she could think about was Misa.

Finally, the bell announcing 5th was over. Kelia ran to her locker, putting her stuff away, and looked around for Misa.

Kelia saw Misa waiting at her locker, and approached her.

They walked to the cafeteria, talking about random things. Surprisingly, they got along rather well. Misa was usually the first to talk, while Kelia liked to stay quiet and listen. Misa did little, small things that Kelia found adorable. For example, when Misa got flustered, she always tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

They finally got to the cafeteria, looking where to sit.

"You usually sit here. Right?"

Misa knew where she sat. Kelia didn't even think that Misa knew she existed.

"Yes, but won't your friends be mad if you're sitting with me instead of them?"

"Ah, no. They won't care. They're actually pretty chill.

Kelia looked over to Misa's friends, who were looking at Kelia and Misa, laughing and whispering something to each other.

Kelia turned to look back at Misa, who looked somewhat flustered.

"Don't mind them. They're just messing around. Anyway, let's eat! I made zucchini muffins with my mother! Here, have one!'

Misa then handed a muffin to Kelia. It looked good, and Kelia took a bite out of it."

She was then found with a delicious burst of sweetness in her mouth.

"So, how is it?"

"It's good! Probably the best muffin I've ever tasted, to be honest. I didn't take you to be good at cooking. You'll have to give me the recipe."

"No can do! It's a family secret! But if you'd really like, I could make more for you."

"I mean, if you're willing too, that would be nice. Do you like cooking?"

"Yep! Got it from my grandma. Love her to death, but she really needs to stop making me eat all her pastries!"

They spent the rest of the lunch talking, finding out more about each other. Kelia was discovering that she loved Misa even more. Everything she did was adorable.

But there was one problem.

Misa was straight, and she had a boyfriend.