PROLOGUE

Warning: This is a work of fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

...

"Gabriella, your dad and I decided to talk about you getting married," mom smiled while I almost choke "W-well, mom I told you I have a boy in mind" I tried to convinced them "Honey, we don't even know if you do have a rich boyfriend or that boy your dating is poor" mom stared at me "Well, then you'll guys meet him next Monday dinner." I said dad seems to be angry "Well, if not then let's arrange your marriage to Mr. Beltran"

"Yes, dad" I answered without hesitation I saw dad get pissed off by my answer however instead of worrying if dad will get angry on Monday who will I ask to be my date?" More than that not only date but they must be rich too. 

I tried to have a blind date but they are all not my type I cannot believe I'm being like this just to find a date on Monday. "Madam, Mr. Movalles and our team is going to have a meeting soon" WHAT?! "I'm sorry to who?" I asked again "Mr. Laurence Ishmael Movalles" shoot.

"Thank you so much Ana, you may go now" I pushed Ana's back until she was out of my office and close the door "Laurence?!" HOW IN THE WORLD THAT GUY WAS HERE?! WHY IS HE EVEN HERE?! MAYBE HE'S MARRIED?! HOW DID THAT GUY MANAGE TO GO HERE?!

Why is he here?! I message the girls about Laurence and the response was not what I expected 

YOUNG GIRLS

Eli: Hala may boyfie ka na Gab?

Cat: Ba namaann naunahan pa

Gio: Naglelesson planning ka tapos ito yung nakita mo sa chat group: EDI WEW

Gab: Okay, hindi kasi mali kayo okay

Eli: Umuwi ka na babi

Cat: Eli mali spell..

Eli: Tama yan it's on purpose parang yung pagbalik niya it's on purpose

Cat: HAHHAHAHAHAHAH SIRA

Gab: Guys grabe kayo ah, guys akala ko ba mag-aantay tayo until bigyan tayo ni Lord ng true man yung christian..

Eli: Dba kaw naghahanap? Binibigay lang naman daw sayo yung hanap mo YIEEEE

Cat: Grabe namen ung hanap mo Gab

Gio: Wait backread muna ako..

Gab: Guys nvm just don't mind it nalang bye..

"Madam, the meeting will start in 5 minutes" Ana said "Alright" I got up to my sit and leave my room "Ana, can you tell me about Mr. Movalles?" I ask "Sure madam. He's handsome, doesn't have a wife or any children he owns a company but madam you cannot go on a date with him-" I cut her off "Ana, I meant his status." I said "Oh, He's a popular one for being a CEO at a young age, he's company is successful too and he's one of the top companies here madam" "another fact madam he had a girlfriend once and he also went to the same high school as you madam, did you know madam he and his girlfriend broke up right after he's dad died-" "Ana, I didn't know you can be a detective too, I'm pretty sure you'll get hired as on of the best detective" I said before entering the conference room.

"Good evening, Miss Lucente" they greeted me "Good evening, gentlemen and Mr. Movalles" I tried to smile even though I was nervous and I shouldn't be because I wasn't even the one presenting the meeting today I was just one of the members of this meeting I sat down on my chair waiting until the meeting started I just pretend to be busy by looking at my phone.

"Good evening Ladies and gentlemen, today's presentation is about-" I didn't even listen to the presentation and just took down some notes that I heard. While the person that is presenting is talking someone interrupt her "Excuse me, but Ms. Lucente I see that you're just doodling around" I heard Mr. Beltran said but before I can even fight for myself "Mr. Beltran, I see that you're observing Ms. Lucente while a person is talking in front, that's basic manners Mr. Beltran, didn't you go to school?" Laurence asked "Alright, we don't have time for this, let's continue" I said hoping the meeting would go smoothly.

My dad seems that he wanted this man to marry me, Mr. Beltran, he seems to have no manners. I also heard some rumors about him that he cheated with his girlfriends and that he got some of them pregnant that's why I do not want him. What a man he is. 

After the meeting Mr. Beltran immediately asked me out tonight but I refused "Come on, Gabby, let's have fun" Mr. Beltran said while putting his hand on my waist "Sorry, Sir but no." I politely said trying to get his hands off me "Come on, baby" he said which is irritating me "Sir, please remember that your mother is my father's secretary and you are only a manager here I can kicked your mother and you out of this company." I smile at him 

He let me go and I saw his pissed face which I didn't mind because my blood was boiling, I hate being touched by someone. May Lord sent me His angels to me so I could calm down "Not now. Don't be angry." I whispered to myself trying to restrain my anger.

"Miss Lucente," I heard a familiar voice when I turn I saw Mr. Movalles, what is he even doing here?  "Yes, Mr. Movalles is there anything you need?" I ask "Well, I heard that you and Mr. Beltran is getting married, congratulations." He said smiling 

"Sir, you misunderstood-" I was cutted off by him "No, it's okay" this man tried to assure me "I wasn't even dating him, Sir" I said looking at his eyes directly he tried to looked away "Is that so?" he ask, ANO BA NAMAN SIR PAULIT-ULIT? 

"Yes, Sir why?" I ask "Nothing." He said leaving me here again. That man didn't even change he still leaves the me behind. How did he even managed to be the CEO of a huge company I thought he can't because he's the third son? 

Nevermind, I don't even know if he's a liar just like then or just once a liar.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Thank u for reading