moody blue

sorry this is a bit shorter !

You had been feeling unwell all day, but you didn't want to worry your boyfriend Austin .

As the day wore on, you started feeling worse and worse.
You were lying on the couch when Austin came in after work, his smile lighting up the room.

"Hey, beautiful," he said, bending down to kiss your forehead. "How was your day?"

"Not great," you admitted, feeling a little embarrassed. "I've been feeling pretty sick all day."
Austin's smile disappeared, replaced with a look of concern. "Why didn't you tell me? Come on, let's get you comfortable on the couch."

He helped you up and fluffed the pillows behind you, tucking a blanket around you at the same time . "You just rest here, and I'll make you some dinner. What sounds good?"

You shook your head. "I don't know, whatever's easy." you already felt bad he was making dinner , you didn't want to make him do more work .
Austin grinned. "Easy it is. You just relax, and I'll take care of everything."
He put on some music while he cooked , and you watched him from the couch, feeling grateful for him. as you watched him chop vegetables and stir pots,  "Moody Blue" by elvis started playing.

Austin's eyes lit up, and he grinned over at you . "This is one of my favorites," he said, extending a hand to you. "Come dance with me."

You felt a little self-conscious, but Austin pulled you up from the couch and into his arms. you swayed together to the music, and Austin sang the lyrics as you danced.

After the song was over, Austin returned to the kitchen, and you could hear him humming along with the next song as he finished up. Soon, he was setting two plates down on the coffee table in front of the couch, and helped you sit up to eat with him.

As you ate, Austin kept checking on you, making sure you had enough to drink and asking if you needed anything. you felt so grateful for his care , even if he did treat a cold like you were dying of the plague .
After dinner, Austin cleaned up the dishes, and then settled back onto the couch together with you , you leaned your head on Austin's chest as you watched TV.

Even though you still felt pretty under the weather , Austin's care helped you to feel better bit by bit as you fell asleep on his chest .